Would a Father really destroy His children for disobeying and arrogance?

by Judas I. 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Judas I.
    Judas I.

How about a womans point of view on this? Because all have invested in creating a child is enjoyment...none of the pain.

Could one of you females somehow justify killing your child for betraying you?

Any thoughts?

• Judas I.
    Judas I.

Moanzy...

I would not say God is a psychopath.....more like the God some psychopaths created and worship is a psychopath. My Father is no psychopath in ANY sense of the word. IMO

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

are we all really the same in that all can be convinced to serve god given the right information or enticements, etc... if so, is it just laziness on God's part to withhold what it would take to get us to obey?

if we are not all the same and some are just born bad seed, is it really their fault that they were born that way, and once again, is it not laziness on God's part not to do what it takes to fix them?

are we more than very sophisticated machines? if not, then an all wise god could fix any one of us if he wanted to...and if we are more, than we should not be treated as disposable by a god....

seems to me that no god of human documentation lives up to more than human frail imaginings without any real answers.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Would a Father really destroy His children for disobeying and arrogance?

mine would have which is why I only saw him4 times after I was 12 yrs old

Mulan

Religion is ridiculous..............in my opinion. Sorry if that comment offends those in religions. It's just not for me, and doesn't make sense on any level. Again, it's just my opinion.

I have to agree. I respect those who do believe but I really don't have a need to become "religious". I find my spirituality others ways
  • drew sagan
    drew sagan

This was talked about on another thread but I believe that the issues raised in this topic point to another reasoning used by the witnesses that dosn't make sense. The issues of Gods sovereignty. The idea that we are in a pissing battle between god and satan is rediculious. If the issue is between god and satan, and even gods angels for that matter why do humans have to suffer? What stupid logic.
    I have actually at least found a more realistic explanation of such things. Agree or disagree with this point, I still think its far better than the sovereignty doctrine. The idea is that God permits suffering because we are human, because we have fallen. He has let us fall into such a dissaproved and terrible condition so that we recognize that only through his son we can attain to salvation.
    As I said, we can disagree with this reasoning as well and say that God shouldn't allow suffering at all, or that he has allowed to much. I don't seek to go into that. Simply to say that to me this explanation sounds much more logical when we consider the christian viewpoint.
    As for everlasting punishment, eternal destruction. I think that the Christian needs to spend more time building their faith instead of having worries that God is going to somehow deal unjustly with people. If we become overtaken by such things, we fail to look to the future in faith. Just a thought for those who have a more 'christian' slant.

• parakeet
    parakeet

the dreamer dreaming: "with the advent of monotheism, some notable improvements may be the lumping of all fears together into just the fear of God...which may have helped the human race quite a bit...."

If lumping all fears into just the fear of God had resulted in increased love for our fellow humans, then yes, that would be an improvement. But that's not what happened. Belief in one god to the exclusion of all others breeds intolerence and hate, as is abundantly evident in fundie religions, JWs, extreme Muslim groups, and in mainstream Christian religious history. With the exception of the creation of beautiful works of art, architecture, and music, monotheism in practice has fallen far short of its claims of moral superiority.

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming
    If lumping all fears into just the fear of God had resulted in increased love for our fellow humans, then yes, that would be an improvement. But that's not what happened. Belief in one god to the exclusion of all others breeds intolerence and hate, as is abundantly evident in fundie religions, JWs, extreme Muslim groups, and in mainstream Christian religious history. With the exception of the creation of beautiful works of art, architecture, and music, monotheism in practice has fallen far short of its claims of moral superiority.

there are many negatives but also some positives that have come out of monotheism... according to one book I read, the concept of time being linear rather than cyclical drived from the bible because it presented a god who made promises that made the future different than the past... while most other cultures viewed each year as sort of a repeat of the last and never progressing to something different... which lead to the modern concepts of science, etc... is that so? I am not sure...but some seem to think this is the case.

also intolerance while generally a great negative also has the power of unifying people in common cause which allows mighty works to be done that individuals cannot accomplish.... I have seen the JW hive mind in action in quick build kingdom halls and marvelled at its ability... at the time I saw this as proof of the divine blessing....now I see it as reversion to termites (^_^).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit