Satanists, do you fear them or trash them?

by greendawn 40 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

Auld Soul, those are questions to start the debate going if someone wants to say things from any different angle that's perfectly OK. Why not, there is no reason to confine them to those two possibilities.

• lilybird
    lilybird

I don't fear Satanists as the only harmful thing in this world are other humans. I haven't seen any evidence yet of demons or other spirits harming others. For that matter I haven't heard of Satanists doing harm to others.. As for their beliefs,, its a free world.. if it makes you happy and you aren't hurting anyone else..its your business who or what you worship.. Its not going to make any difference in my life..

• Brigid
    Brigid

I have to begin this with not all who are not on the Christian path are Satan worshippers. In fact, very few are. Wiccans certainly do not worship Satan and do not recognize him in any pantheon that I've come across. He is quite unique to the Christian cosmology and belongs there.

I have a good friend who started his path away from fundamental Christianity through Satanism (he is now a neo-hellenistic reconstructionalist with wiccan leanings <try saying that ten times fast--and "Christmas" shopping for him? Nightmare, "excuse me ma'am, I'm looking for the perfect gift for a neo-hellenistic reconstructionalist with..."--impossible>)

He is a really great guy and Satanism taught him alot about human nature and the baser, animal drives in all of us. It's basically, just flesh over spirit instead of the usual religious teachings of the opposite (this belief that flesh comes before spirit can, however open the door wide-open for abuse). The trouble is, Satanism, by its very nature is just an offshoot of Christianity because Satan is a Christian diety or construct. So some who are so angry at Christianity go for the lesser/dark diety (some might call him the christian god's alter ego), Satan.

~Brigid

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

The only Satanists I'm inclined to trash are the ones who talk trash about the virtues of exploiting the human herd. You know, the rest of us.

The only Satanist I know personally would never do that. Even though he advocates all kinds of transgressive behavior as a point of principle, he himself is one of the sweetest Golden Rule boys you could ever hope to meet.

gently f eral

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Marc Almond (Soft Cell) is a Satanist. I do not like his music anyway.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I agree with Elswhere. They have no more power than any other Religious group. It's all man made.

• LDH
    LDH
    There was a group of Satanists here a few years ago who had killed people in thier rituals.

Snorted my Jamba Juice from laughter, Ken.

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

Lisa

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

LittleToe:

I thought you were into presenting scientific "fact"? If so, does your theory come from imagination, anecdote, or presubstantiated quantitive research?

The latter of course, although I admit my research has not been exhaustive. I can only think of ten people that Satan directly killed in the Bible, and that was over a bet with YHWH (who had no qualms withdrawing his protection of his faithful servant). YHWH, on the other hand killed - or ordered killed - hundreds of thousands, including young children.

Further, are ya gonna present your own opinion or merely pick apart mine?

A little from Column A, a little from Column B

You wondered why some people might choose the "left-hand path", I gave what I consider to be a plausible reason.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Well obviously im always bumping into satanists in the jams and spreads aisle at the supermarket.

But if they come round my way I invite them in for goatshead canapes and a bit of blood sausage. I get the old runes out and we have a bit of a laugh. Best to keep on the good side of them just in case.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Derek:
    So in answer to my rhetorical question your scientific study leads you to posit that they certainly should have Hannibal Lecter, rather than Hitler, as a role model?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit