Watchtower Does Not Consist Of Mens Opinions???

by Lady Liberty 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

They have even gone so far as to call themselves a "Prophet". Which is pretty ironic that they accuse others of being false "Prophets" because their prophecys failed. Yet THEY can have failed prophecies and it just was old light. Still claiming to be a "Prophet"! Note the sited articles below!

THE WATCHTOWER, APRIL 1, 1972, p. 197

Awake, Oct. 8, 1968, pg. 23 (Notice the part underlined in blue.)

Awake, Oct. 8, 1968, P.23

Sincerely,

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Instead of being a man like William Miller and admiting that he was wrong,

Charlie Russell decided to say it happened invisibly ( to save face) thereby

sending millions of people into the vortex of the watchtower never ending lies.

• zagor
    zagor
    It reminds me of what I have read about the Dervishes of the 19th Century Sudan: - Their leader, The Mahdi, assured them that "their faith would render them bulletproof". - However, if they did get themselves shot, it was all their fault - and theirs alone - for not having sufficient faith! (I bet he stood well back from the front line once the battle started!) Does anyone else here get the feeling that ALL of them are like the religious leaders of Christ's time i.e. making burdens for others that they are not prepared to carry themselves?

How true, few years ago I overheard at the dinner party this guy from Balkans said that j-dubs were actively encouraged to show faith and go from door to door and to meetings regularly despite bombings and everything, then when some of them died "responsible borthers" started circulating story that they've died because of not following Caesar's Order i.e. being outside after Civil defense sounded immentent danger siren. The funny thing is he says "it almost never stopped for weeks on end" so if they followed that they'd never leave their houses.
    Go figure!

• LDH
    LDH
    (I bet he stood well back from the front line once the battle started!)

Does anyone else here get the feeling that ALL of them are like the religious leaders of Christ's time i.e. making burdens for others that they are not prepared to carry themselves?

LOL.

Count me as a fan.

• DannyHaszard
  • Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit