How Honest is the Official Watchtower PR Department?..Check out this You Tube Video..

by OUTLAW 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog
    the caller did good work. it took a WHILE BUT SHE GOT HER Point across that they will not answer any questions to side step all about what news agency are you from...I always said I'm from the christian research center. and I'm inquiring on questions i or we recieve from the public at large so in true form anyone that exposes the wt in a public place ie the internet is a news agency no matter how small or large weather posters here like this call or not. you have to give the lady props for doing it and showing how bethel stonewalls on most any question. these type of calls show what the wt is really about.. an uncaring legalistic lying clap trap.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Claim of "reporter" made at 5:08.

Yep your right..I missed that..I stand/sit corrected..

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Well, she did accomplish what she set out to do.

If only the AAWA ( defunct??) could do something in a professional manner. That's what we need. We don't need prank calls, we don't need attacks. We need concise questions that are asked in a calm, professional manner. Then these adult conversations need to be sent to news agencies while the topic is hot.

That way NPR will talk about it for more than 10 minutes. Exposure is the key! What if an informant had never sent the confidential BOE letters? We are making a difference, but it needs to be done correctly. We can't get dragged down to the WTBTS's level.

Anyway, she did a good job just making the call.

DD

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I listened to the whole conversation and agree with some of the posters who said she talked too much. However, she used some JW terms that the Watchtower people may have picked up on and quickly identified her as an ex-JW. In her conversation she used the terms "brother" and "elder" instead of Watchtower spokesperson, She used the term "meeting" instead of JW services.

My guess is that because she used JW language, the Watchtower guy k he was talking with an "apostate," and was more closed mouth with her than he would have been with a non-JW.

While a non-JW would have gotten the same answers, the Watchtower spokesman would not have had the satisfaction of thinking he was defending the Borg from "apostates."

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    I think it was a snooze fest. She repeated the same question at least 25 times. It was kinda boring. And calling to accuse never accomplishes much of anything but animosity. This was no "victory", it was a whole lotta sounds that made no sense.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Well I tend to not be very critical of those that phone the WT corporation for answers, I'm glad people are doing it and hope the trend continues. Those people at bethel that handle the questions and give answers need to be exposed to negative feed back, every little bit helps in my opinion.

Nobody(99%) is perfect in the way we approach this type type of thing but with practice one can hone their skills. It would be nice if the headquarters got bombarded with all kinds of calls with people expressing what ever is on their chest. I hope she keeps up the good work.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog
    it wasn't the best call i ever heard. but it proves a point THEY WILL NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS,,, THIS POINT HAS BEEN PROVEN OVER and over again you get no answers calling bethel they just lie through their TEETH. So the call has merit call the wt ask about 1799 1874 1878 ,blood , millions now living will never die the. pyrimids 1914. 1915 1918 1905 `1912 1931 the generation of `1914 1844 1941 1975 the list goes on and on. the wt will never be HONEST. it;s a fact of life
  • MissFit
    MissFit

Athan: I agree. She did start using the lingo. She used the terms territory and house-holder also. I think as soon as she started using those terms, he started shutting down. She also rereferenced the call to what's his face GB guy.

I think it would have worked better if she led off with her question and then added her explanation. I think he was expecting a reporter and then realized after listening to her that she wasnt one.

Just my 2cents worth. MissFit

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog
    I dare anyone to call bethel and do a better job than this woman, here is the phone number to the wt hq 1718 560 5000. anyone who condemns this lady and her wORK is a FOOL...
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

No one is condemning her as a person. There is a difference between discussing her method and judging her as a person.

For instance, I think Cedars has done a great job on his website. I just wish he would change his methods and be more like a real journalist. The more skillfully it's done, the more an average Joe is likely to listen and share it. The exposure get compounded and could be increased exponentially.

Thats what we all want.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit