Are you a drama queen / king?

by G Money 10 Replies latest jw friends

• G Money
    G Money

Would you admit to being a drama queen or king?? Do you love to tell the world about problems in your life, about the dark cloud following you or how you are singled out??? Are there easy solutions to your problems that you ignore as quick resolutions aren't your thing???

• prophecor
    prophecor

I don't associate those things with being a Drama Queen/King, as opposed to someone who draws unnecessary attention to themselves by starting fights and arguments and always seeming to enjoy an audience, whether there activity is good or bad.

These kinds of persons are detestable to me, however. I can't stand those who draw attention to themselves and seek out the spotlight in life.

I am more the quiet, reserved type. I try to navigate the road of life in a calm whisper, as opposed to trumpeting my horn ahead of me.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I'm sure I've had a drama queen moment once or twice in my life. I'm usually a calm, even-keeled person and don't like to draw *too* much attention to myself.

My ex is a drama queen. When he and my daughter get together, the drama wears on my daughter and she becomes a drama princess. And I'm the audience for the high drama.

• rune
    rune

Ok, don't think I'm sick or anything. Or hell, do it. Do it. But the fact of the matter is I'm really high right now so I'm going to divulge some secrets I've never told anyone connected to my life. Maybe I'm a drama king? I don't think about these things, I'm too busy living an insane life. When I was 16 I faked a suicide attempt by locking myself in my room and dumping two bottles of advil down the vent and then yelling, screaming and smashing glasses / other misc loud noisy things. Yeah, it was pretty fucked up of me to do that. My dad, who I think was the only person I was living with at the time, deserved to get stressed out over making mom decide to leave and being a bastard in general. In a panic, he called the police, who broke my door down and yanked me out into a cop car that swiftly took me to the biggest hospital in the city. (Even though he would beat me around sometimes or more often scream at me when he didn't get his way, he didn't want a corpse on his hands. This is my genetic line's version of love.) Then I had to spend the night there fucking with the minds of some psychologist bitch and her colleague so they wouldn't try to pump my stomach but they wouldn't totally disbelieve me either and get me in worse shit than that whole annoying night. Then later... This girl that I had been seeing last summer left for her ex-BF (who later cheated on her and dumped her not long after). I got over her for a while (or so i thought) but then she showed up again in February acting all humble and nice and bullshit. I knew it was a total act but I let myself fall for it (she's got...fine...qualities...). Anyway, sure as shit happens, I get dumped by her 3 months later when she's no longer feeling lonely or confused about the direction of her life (because she got me to help her figure all that stuff out while we were "together"). Wow, women are incredible, my hat's off. I never imagined just how similar the two genders are. I mean women got the edge in this contest for being sexy and all, but mentally no I don't think what anyone has ever said about men being mentally superior is really true. Women are devious and crafty, cold and unlying if they so choose with their ability to totally dampen out emotion so they can lie seamlessly to you day after day after day. Men think logic runs everything and that reasoning can solve anything, but women don't need that because if they act irrationally and play on emotions and insecurities they can f*** you around just as easily. It's an interesting dynamic, the mental struggle between man and woman, logic and emotion (which both boil down to "I want, me me me"). But before this becomes a truly full-fledged rant, I'll quit here.

• free2beme
    free2beme

No, not really. I think I have a temper at times, but then I tend to want to forget it and move on. I like very little drama in my life, and tend to get my wish often.

• bem
    bem

My Mom was/is such a drama queen she totally broke me from ever wanting to be one. Her's is the kind where she has to be the center of attention, I could be lying in a bed near death and she would "pass-out" for attention yes she's done it before.LOL

• rune
    rune

Damn. When you're smoking pot, you leave out your ENTIRE point sometimes!

And linebreaks. I'm so sorry for this spam, but I don't know any of you personally so I'll just assume everything is absolutely fine.

The girl that dumped me after coming back. Yes. Well, she went to a party in an unknown place for 3 days without so much as a call and then showed up hung over as fuck. I pressed her a little (I'm so serious) about why she didn't say anything to me and she flipped out about me 'holding her back'. *laugh* Well, I don't know what she did (or who), and I don't care, but after that we never saw each other again.

We talked on the phone though. So when she called me up (and I knew she would, so I had prepared myself by drinking half a litre of vodka in under 2 minutes a little while earlier) I put on an academy award winning performance. I cried my eyes out the entire time, told her that she was my world, and that I had tried to jump off the roof of my building but someone had stopped me at the last minute. Or, something similar to that, I was pretty drunk after all. Then I pretended to injure myself with a blade. Of course, there is no fucking way I would really do such a thing. Hey now, I don't mind being honest about it, not with you folks. Then I got really high and hung up on her so I could sit back and let her feel guilty for a while. Well, needless to say it worked, and created enough of a buffer that I'll hopefully never have to see her face again.

Isn't anonymity great...

• poppers
    poppers

Wow, Rune. Your life must be exhausting.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi rune,

Not all women are conniving, so don't make a generalization based on your limited experience. It will taint your future relationships. And the drama could backfire on you in ways that you don't expect. Think of the boy who cried wolf.

• rune
    rune

*shrug* You can't taint something that seems utterly FUBAR. Who cares anyway? I realized relationships just aren't as important as I once thought. What's important is enjoying life and feeling contented enough with what and who you're around every day. Anything beyond that is just icing on life...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit