Are you pleased with or do you hate your job?

by greendawn 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

Are you pleased with your job or do you hate it, and if you don't like it then what would you prefer to do instead?

I work as a science teacher and I enjoy teaching so I am happy with it.

• juni
    juni

When is your school out, greendawn?

I was a floral designer and I LOVED what I did. But it is hard work and my arthritis made it too painful to continue. I wish I could go back. I loved to make pretty things for people; even did the Governor-elect Doyle's election party arrangement. Did engagement party arrangements for the very rich where money was no concern. It was great!

Juni

• serendipity
    serendipity

I REALLY love the paycheck. Other than that, it's ok. I work with some smart people, the work is challenging at times, but not overly stressful. It's not the best job I've had, but it's probably the easiest- for me.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I like the money, I don't like my boss and its not quite the right job for me. (massage therapist) If I could somehow survive while having being able to treat people who really need it that would be fantastic.

Going to school next year to be a lab tech, can't wait! So excited.

Dams

• merfi
    merfi
    Going to school next year to be a lab tech, can't wait! So excited.

Welcome to a great profession! That's what I am and love it!

~merfi

• damselfly
    damselfly

Thanks Merfi!
    I've researched it to death and taken a tour of a lab and talked to everyone I could think of about it! This is going to be my last career move so I hope I enjoy it.

I jumped into the massage without thinking it through and didn't want to make the same mistake again,

Dams

• greendawn
    greendawn

Juni classes will close very soon in early June as the exams will start, but I will be doing some work privately helping older students to write up their projects.

Sometimes one's work is fun, but malicious collegues may ruin the fun.

• LDH
    LDH

I love my job.

I love the pay, and more thn that, the overall compensation package.

I love the autonomy.

I love that I'm one report from the CEO, soon to be direct.

Love it, love it, love it.

• south african beef
    south african beef

I love my job in sales.

I love hitting those targets!

I love working on my own, not having to trudge into an office every day.

I love having to motivate myself every day - some days it's easier than others, hard when it's winter, dark and raining, easier in the summer.

I love the pay slips (sorry, 'checks' for our American colleagues).

I love beating my contemporaries in my company, (finding it tough this year though).

I love gatting a new 25k car every 3 years but I wish it was a 50k car and I got one every year!

I love not being greedy!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I used to hate my present job, back when it was hectic, chaotic, underpaid, and overseen by a psychotic manager. At least I was getting most of a day's pay for a full day's work. But it did give me tendonitis in all my arm joints. They're paying through the nose for Workman's Comp now; serves them right.

At least they did keep me on, though.

Now it's only half time, so I hate the paycheck; if it wasn't for the Workman's Comp settlement I'd be losing money. However, the job is a lot more automated now, so there's less stress on my arms and it's less chaotic. But it's dull, there isn't enough to do, and being injured makes jobhunting difficult...

I love the job I'm creating for myself. I'm still in the "attract customers with free samples" stage, so I'm wandering the flea market with little kits and making lots of new friends.

gently feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit