Do they respect gay rights?

by greendawn 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

I am not gay and never have been one, but do you think that your local society treats gays with respect or that it has no tolerence for such a sexually different and in the thought of many deviant minority?

I personally don't approve of their activities but I can understand that they are genetically predisposed in that way and can't change.

• juni
    juni

We live 20 miles east of Madison, Wisconsin. That is the capitol of the state.

I believe I'm correct that we have the largest population of gays. Madison is very liberal so there are no problems that I know about.

Everyone is accepted for the most part no matter what they do, believe or whatever.

Juni

• zeroday
    zeroday

I think you are confusing gay rights with rights protected by the constitutuion. If you mean do people respect the gay lifestyle that's different than rights. We all have rights guaranteed under the constitution wether you are gay or straight.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Methinks the lady protesteth too much.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

• juni
    juni

Gay rights and the gay lifestyle are respected. We have gay people of both genders in public office. My husband's dr. is gay. And no lie. His name is Dr. Gay! I know quite a few gay people. Doesn't bother me. Gay guys have been very nice to me and you don't have to worry about getting "hit" on. Not that I'm a beauty queen. My elderly coworker is gay. Nicest lady. When I lived in an apt. I had lesbian and gay neighbors. Very nice and friendly. I don't personally care what a person is as long as they respect me and are good people.

Juni

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Right on, Juni! My employer prohibits harassment or discrimination based on sexual orientation, but it's still a daily process to make the guys stop snickering or making mumbled comments about my assistant supervisor, who is gay. I think quite highly of him.

• Scully
    Scully

Nathan Natas:

Methinks the lady protesteth too much.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

took the words right out of my mouth!

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I think it depends on where you live. I still think in rural parts of the bible belt that gays are mistreated. I have no doubt that gays are not given the same rights that the rest of us have in certain parts of the US. Just the same as bigots still exist and in certain areas a black person is not safe to stay the night.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I'm from Madison, and I think that its not a big deal. People don't look at each other and squirm. Very accepting of most lifestyles. I really like that.

• juni
    juni

Woohoo Collegegirl!

A cross dresser might get a second glance though, heh?

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit