Who do you want to meet?

by greendawn 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mulan
    Mulan

I would have to say some of my ancestors. Then I could get answers to all the questions I have that there is no info about in the records.

Someone else mentioned Bill Maher. I would love to meet him, and pick his brains. The problem with meeting celebrities is that it's usually just a quick hello and handshake. I'd like a conversation.

The only celebrity I've met that I've gotten to actually talk to is Mark Victor Hansen (author of Chicken Soup for the Soul books). I had breakfast with him in Hawaii, and he was so nice. I didn't know who he was until he stood up to go to the buffet, and I read his badge, attached to his belt. When he came back to the table, then I could talk on a different level. He's great.

• mdb
    mdb

I'm surprised nobody wants to meet Jesus Christ. Even if you don't believe Him, He is and always will be the most influential, life-changing man that has even walked the earth. I wonder what He looked like in the flesh? The bible says He was of no reputation and that no man should be attracked to Him by physical appearances. That's who I long to meet... my Lord.

Moses, Isaiah, Abraham, King David, Solomon, Adam & Eve, the 12 disciples, Paul... they'd be a pleasure to meet as well, but one day I will.

• Brigid
    Brigid

There are many:

Richard Linklater

Isaac Luria

Thomas Jefferson

Toni Morrison

Shakespeare

Faulkner

Chris Martin

• jstalin
    jstalin

Thomas Jefferson

Marcus Aurelius

Socrates

• lowden
    lowden

Jimmy Page

Paul McCartney

Joni Mitchell

Aldous Huxley

Van Gogh

Mary Shelley

Jeff Buckley

Melanie Sykes (Yummeeee)

Alexander the Great

Gandhi

That Jesus bloke

And maybe my Dad.....

Peace

Lowden

• bebu
    bebu

I got asked a similar question 12 years ago, "Who would you like to have lunch with?" and I answered 1) CS Lewis (he died in 1962) and 2) Richard Wurmbrand (who was still living at that time).

Four years after that, I actually DID get to eat lunch with Richard Wurmbrand. I got his autograph, a photo of us (still on my mantle), and he let me give him a kiss on the cheek. Amazing. (He died a couple years after that, at age 92, I think.)

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit