Why can we LOSE our Religion, but not LOSE it's effects on us?

by gumby 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ironically, I've found the solution to my internal dillemma by reaching outward. I'm a hopeless introvert. I'd happily sit on a mountaintop and ponder my navel for several years. But I can't. I have responsibilities through my children. In a real sense, my children saved me from myself because I could not spare much time on self-reflection, but had to go out and start living.

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Hmmmm... Interesting avenue Jgnat. First reaching out, doing meaningful work, giving... I will think about that.

• anewme
    anewme

Excellent conversation and fine example of the quality of this forum and the character of ex-JWs!
    I have printed out this discussion to show my mother in law who just yesterday looked at me sideways and asked why have I not gotten over the JW thing after 5 years????

Thankyou you beautiful people!

(Wish we all had our own town)

I like the way the discussion concluded too. Not much we can do about the deeply hidden scars we have, but we need to get busy and replace the thoughts and concerns of the past with concerns of the here and now and future.

Excellent discussion Gumby!

Anewme

• serendipity
    serendipity
    I'm a hopeless introvert. I'd happily sit on a mountaintop and ponder my navel for several years. But I can't. I have responsibilities through my children. In a real sense, my children saved me from myself because I could not spare much time on self-reflection, but had to go out and start living.

Me too. We have to move on to the best of our ability.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit