what i hate the most

by aoxo 10 Replies latest jw friends

• aoxo
    aoxo

what i hate the most about being a witness is having to wear suits all the time. especialy out in service in hot weather. but i miss seeing all those sisters in those tight controversial dresses. what do you guys hate most...

• Lehtiveli
    Lehtiveli

Meetings, field service, conventions @ summer (too hot weather).
    I also hate the "only true religion" thing, and all-the-time gossips..
    I also hate people who are just "showing up" their good side and inside is dirty as it can.
    I also hate visits of elders, visits of circuit overseer and the "SPECIAL WEEK" stuff... that sucks
    I hate man-made rules what they have... I hate it all :)

Only good thing is free pass from army

• prophecor
    prophecor

Trying to appear enthusiastic about singing those craxy Kingdom Songs during the bathroom breaks

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Disfellowshipping. Doctrinal changes. Protection of child molesters. Medical misrepresentation. And having to wear those long skirts when I've got pins that stop traffic.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I hated the whole FDS concept, their sacred cow status, not being able to criticise them and having to wait for them to change erroneous ideas in doctrine, and if someone criticised them was expelled and not accepted back even if his ideas were later confirmed as correct.

That's the pure essence of authoritarianism, a stalinist approach.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Arrogant presumptions made by the FDS that they are 'the one'. And that things they say are 'loving provisions from Jehovah'. Example: The allowance to count time in 15 mins, this was hailed as another loving provision from Jehovah, I was thinking where the heck does it say in the bible we should count our time! At the time I thought these poor older ones have been made to feel bad because they didnt do enough time to count - now I realise the primary reason is more likely to be more publishers and time to include on annual reports, if indeed we can believe any of the figures represent the true picture.

CS 101

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I always hated the we are the "ONE" and everyone else in the world in the scum of the earth attitude!

Meanwhile we all knew that there were many in the congregation who acted much WORSE than anyone we knew in the "world".

What arrogant, haughty, hypocrites!!!!!!!!!!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

anything Jehovah's Witness

Dismembered

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

The whole suit and tie thing! I can't stand it! And I want to have long hair and a beard if I so chose. One secret wish I have would be to walk into the meeting barefoot. I hate dress socks and shoes. The whole formal thing just sucks big time!
    And isn't it strange how the illustrations show 'the paradise'? Everyone is always so well dressed with button up shirts, slacks, and loafers. What we never see are the factories that someone has to work in to make all of this stuff!
    And why do the 'ancient' ones always wear 'Israelite' clothing and have beards, whereas the 'modern' members of the 'great crowd' still have to dress like suburbanites from the 1950s.
    The whole putting on a show argument falls down flat when considered in the light of Jesus' criticism of the Pharisees as "whitewashed graves".

Dave

• lilybird
    lilybird

I hated that all that counted was the number of field service hours you put in and how many mags were placed..They didn't value someone who was actually trying to just be a good JW.. I hated that everyone was always judging what others did but they did whatever they pleased. I hated the hyporcrisy and rehashed talks we had to llisten to. I hated giving up weekends that should be spent doing fun things with your family because of meetings and field service..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit