Did you ever have an experiance with Holy Spirit?

by Stealth 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth
    Stealth

I have never felt the intervention of the Holy Spirit in my life. Maybe that is one of the reasons I never felt like a good christian.

I think someone can take any situation and say it was the Holy Spirit acting in their life if they want to believe bad enough. I saw my mother do this many times.

Anyone here had any experiences that they felt was the Holy Spirit acting in their lives? And for those who did, how do you feel about it now that you are no longer a JW? Could it have been just a coincidence or do you still feel it was Holy Spirit?

• Okidok
    Okidok

Hi
    Stealth
    Yes I had. When I am watching a sunset, I feel the Holy Spirit is floating near the horizon.

"It takes two to speak the truth -- one to speak, and another to
    hear."
    ---Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

• Jang
    Jang

Yes, I have and it was a little awe inspiring.

Sometimes God intervenes for a reason, and it cannot be questioned.

Mine resulted in a broken ankle being completely healed instantly after I swore at God for not caring about me or my family. Now why he did it for me then and not others i don't know. Why he hasn't done it since I don't know ..... but he did get my attention

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Stealth... may you have peace!

I have had and continue to have DAILY 'experiences' with the holy spirit, due to the fact that such 'one' dwells IN me... by means of Christ. I have 'experienced' its 'gifts' and its 'fruits'; I am taught by it, even to the point of understanding ancient Hebrew. I have had my faith built up by it... and have been privileged to pass it on to others.

Holy spirit is not a 'mystery', dear one; it is a GIFT. The 'good gift and perfect present' from God. It results in conceiving in us the 'seed of the woman', which 'seed' become 'sons' of God. This is by means of Christ, for he is the One who 'dispenses' such spirit... 'living water'.

It is not scary or thrilling (in a 'bad' sense), but is truly an awecome thing to be known by flesh with its blood. There is nothing else like it, truly.

You said you have not had such experience. May I say to you then, if you so 'wish' it, that there is One who wishes to grant to you such 'free gift', if only you hear the 'invitation' issued on behalf of that One BY the Spirit... and the Bride, to:

"Come... take 'life's water'... free!"

If then, you are wishing and thirsting... and have ears to hear what the Spirit and the Bride says, then may the underserved kindess and mercy of my God and Father, JAH OF ARMIES, and the peace of His Christ and Son, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHJAH, come to be upon you... if indeed you so 'wish' it... to time indefinite.

I am...

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

There have been times, yes, when I have felt that my life was being guided in a certain way. The only way I could explain it is that the Holy Spirit was helping me at those times.

• Seeker
    Seeker

Has anyone had an experience with Holy Spirit that couldn't be explained by any other source? That is, you'd have to rule out wishes, hopes, delusions, mental illness, hallucinations, lies, and other possible causes.

An instantly healed broken ankle would indeed be impressive if:

a) The ankle really was actually broken, that is the bones were separated and this was certified by a medical person, not just hurt like heck and you were "certain" it must be broken.

b) The ankle really was instantly healed, that is the bones were formed correctly again, the tisses and muscles were restored to normal state, and the pain was not only instantly gone, but permanently gone.

Similarly, stories where the person was certain it was the Spirit would need to be submitted for skeptical examination, not just taken on a person's word. At least, if you want anyone else to believe it, no matter how much it convinces you.

I'm not trying to be rude, this is a serious comment. I'm all in favor of miracles occuring. I just want them to be verifiable, since a person's word is so unreliable for so many reasons even if you are dealing with a perfectly honest individual.

• StifflersErSlayersBrother
    StifflersErSlayersBrother

A sister here was out in service one day and brought up holy spirit to a woman at the door. She asked if she believed in holy spirit. The woman yell at the top of her lungs "OH LORD YES!!!" and things flew around behind her back. The sister ran and I saw her later that day, she was pale as a ghost and didn't say a thing the rest of the day. Wish I coulda been there!!!! :)

• Jang
    Jang

Seeker:

[Q] An instantly healed broken ankle would indeed be impressive if:

a) The ankle really was actually broken, that is the bones were separated and this was certified by a medical person, not just hurt like heck and you were "certain" it must be broken.

b) The ankle really was instantly healed, that is the bones were formed correctly again, the tisses and muscles were restored to normal state, and the pain was not only instantly gone, but permanently gone.
    [/Q]

I can tell you that was the case ...... I no longer have access to the xray, but they showed a complete healing of an ankle that had bee broken the day before. The only evidence was a slight thickening of the bone as normally occurs. All pain was gone instantly and I could walk, jump and run. In addition, I worked 12 hour days on my feet for 12 days at our Exhibition (State Fair) starting three days later.

Now, my mother didn't believe either until she saw it all for her self.

Now you know why it got my attention!

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Oh boy, another one where subjective reality and 'objective' verifiable reality hit each other head-on and everyone ends up with headaches...

Well, I don't know about the Holy Spirit. I like Jim Bean and Laphroigh though...

Being pretty much an atheist, you might feel that I have no place in this thread. Fine. But I get cheesed-off with theists trying to corner the spirituality thang.

I too can feel a sense of wonder that transcends being a skin bag of flesh, blood and bones.

I too have had things happen to me I can't rationally explain in a way that means anything real to me. The incident overshadows any cognisence of synchronisity, probability, chaos theory, whatever...

Never had an ankle healed or learnt ancient Hebrew though...

AGuest; you gonna back up that claim? I don't mean to doubt, but having come from an organisation where representatives have grossly misrepresented their ability with ancient langauges, someone claiming to have learnt ancient Hebrew by spiritual osmosis rings alarm bells. I'm sure I can russle up a scan of some ancient Hebrew for you to demonstrate your ability on, although would not prove the origin of this ability.

And, no, I'm not going to ask JanG for a similar test. Hordes of people feel, quite sincerely, that they have been healed. I see her as no different from any of these, but as there is no possibility of verification this falls into the realm of subjective reality; I believe her sincerity but cannot change my beliefs on 'faith healing' on the basis of her account as so many claims are made and so few are verifiable.

You gonna read some Hebrew AGuest? I wouldn't ask if you didn't claim.

• sleepy
    sleepy

Hello stealth.

Have I ever experienced the holy spirit it my life ?

No.But I have experenced things other people would put down to outside forces.

I did used to wonder about this a lot.
    It always amased me how poeple would attribute things to the holy spirit or to satan when they had no proof of such and there were other obvious explaiations of how events could have happened.

When I was young though I used to think the holy spirit or god was doing things in my life .Now wisdom and knomledge teaches me otherwise.

Perhaps people who still belive in it are immature in reasoning or maybee they do experence it and I never have.

But why should I belive them when they dont present solid evedence.

Anyway I had an experence about five years ago when I was asleep, I felt as though i had woken up and could see clearly around me, my body felt tightly compressed around the middle.
    Then I could feel my body rising upward and tried to fight against it.
    I woke up in a panic.It felt so real it was unbeliveable.

Another time I was in a foriegn hotel and was woken up by someone pushing my shoulder.I woke up in a start.
    But there was no one there.
    I then turned toward the doorway and saw a green shape almost like that of a human that graduly dissapeared.
    I was so scared that I turned the light on and read my bible for the rest of the night.

Initialy I put these down to supernatural sources but now I think otherwise.
    The first was obviously a very vivid dream.When you sleep you body gets paralised to stop you acting out your dreams, I think that was the tightness i felt around me.
    The rising up ,well did you ever when you were young go on a swing ?well I remember that sometimes after I had been on a swing in the park when I went to bed at night if i shut my eyes i would feel like i was on that swing , I would feel my body rising and falling.So you body can produce these effects naturaly.
    The same probably goes for my second experence though it is harder to explain the shape I saw, maybee my eyes were adjusting to the light.

Both these seamed very real at the time, and others have put similair experences down to the demons etc.

I wonder what these so called experences with holyspirit are really like?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit