Lots of Bethelites Not Happy With Downsizing

by Seeker4 106 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

it's all based on the premise that "Jah will provide" "Jah does not forget what has been done for his name" "Jah has never left one go hungry"

One time I was told if I needed money that they would provide. An overseer told me that at one point, I am sure he had great intentions but once he would talk to the branch committee it would get shot down.

• oldflame
    oldflame

It's like telling your kid "The day you turn eighteen your outta here." No real world experience only knowing what the watchtower allowed. Taken away from their rights and freedoms. I don't blame anyone of them for being angry or lost. Now the question is this ? Being that these two older couple is without any kind of income at all will they at least get a social security benefit when they reach retirement age because if I understand it right they only get enough cash to supply them with essentials. So there is no income tax and no social security paid. Is the watch tower planning on supporting these folks who dedicated their lives to the watch tower ? Probably not ! That to me is about as low as low as someone can get and this is just another area where the higher ups really don't give a rats ass about their followers. BASTARDS !!!!!!!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I always (a LONG time ago) was led to think that Bethel members are a close-knit family unit.

I liken this to throwing out an elderly, dependent, family member just because you have no use for them anymore - disregarding all they did in the past.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Seeker4

Thanks for the update seeker4. It'll being interesting to see what the next few years brings for ones who have all but donated their lives and careers to the benefit of Watchtower.

Dismembered

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I hope that they make it here. I hope more that the immediately make contact with people who can give them practical help re survival in the real world. There's going to be a lot of disillusionment and depression making it's way out to Where The Need Is Great.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It is hard for people in their 60's to suddenly abandon their familiar environment of decades and have to cope with adjusting to a new environment, that is a stressful change and older people can't stand up to stress so well.

So it will be another selfish cynical move by the GB to throw them out.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

At least when you are 18 (or 16 in my case) you are told "you are outta here" - you have the benefit of health and youth. With a bit of intelligence you can get work anywhere. Its very hard for a 60+ to get a job with qualifications and work experience and a full career history. Without those things it would be impossible to do anything except manual labour as a self employed person.

I think there will be special needs talks and new boxes in the hall installed and it will fall to the congregations to support these outcast bethelites wherever they are assigned.

• zagor
    zagor

Is it ture that they are sending out mosly older ones while young work-horses can stay?
    That was probably a "practical" decision. After all who want to care after an army of geriatrics, lmao, unless they are part of celebrated "Governing Body".
    Well that's quite in line with overall spirit of borganization, - as soon as you need any sort of help you get lection of lacking in faith in god - mever mind you've spent only a lifetime serving the needs of WTBS without pay or redundancy.
    Funily enough, those decisions are made by people who themselves would never consider doing the same - going back and starting over in this "bad evil world" its great to have everything taken care of, no need to pay for food on your table, electricity and water you're using, your clothes are washed and ironed by someone else whom you probably don't even know. What a life, people in "this world" get such privilages only if they are lucky enough to be called prime ministers or presidents and that only for the duration of their service.
    No wonder they can write articles in watchtower magazines that put heavy tall on people because "hey it's soooo easy for us in bethel to do it why can't everybody?!? huh" What do you say Theodore Jaracz? Considering to go where the need is greater yet? How about it?

• aalaaskaanmaan
    aalaaskaanmaan

When silentlambs.org protested at Brooklyn about elders being ordered to hide and protect pedophiles and send them door-to-door preaching, Pat Garza said ############, had ritualistically molested her and at least two boys (an allegation he refused to answer British news reporter when they asked about it in Oklahoma and ran from them) --- so why think it would bother him and like-minded Governing Body members to throw out older Bethelites? Such things are Satanically selfish and inconsiderate in my book too.

Now my only question is, What Next? They have eaten alive the older ones and bashed the young ones in a Watchtower article. Everybody gets blamed except for ###### and his boys. Children and older adults are not only raped by pedophile elders and ministerial servants but routinely, ritualistically bled to death over their anti-emergency blood transfusions policy. If this isn't Satanic, what is?

What next?

Edited to remove a name. Be careful posting names of real, living people.
    Mulan

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Can anyone say "class action lawsuit?" - we can only hope and pray.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit