responding to the Reasoning book on birthdays?

by BlackSwan of Memphis 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kool aid man
    kool aid man

"Every year when each of Job's sons had a birthday, he invited his brothers and sisters to his home for a celebration. On these occasions they would eat and drink with great merriment. When these birthday parties ended--and sometimes they lasted several days--Job would summon his children to him and sanctify them, getting up early in the morning and offering a burnt offering for each of them". Job 1:4 The Living Bible

The greatest birthday party ever is recorded in Luke 2. Angels and shepherds rejoiced at the birth of Jesus Christ--something that Jehovah's Witnesses would like to forget about!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

KW13: Here is a link where the article tmind is referring to were contributed. Interesting read.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/113261/1.ashx

BSoM

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I have never celebrated birthdays and still don't out of respect for my family's views.
    However, my view is now that I want to celebrate my parent's lives (they are bt in their 70's now) and those of my children. Its not about being selfish, its about allowing other people to share in your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit