The name Jehovah and demons.

by Zico 22 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

Juni

SO DAYSTAR WHAT HAPPENED WHEN YOU BESEECHED THE GODS??

Well, it was a cleansing process. Sort of a detox of the soul, so to speak. My wife left me (rather bad marriage) and I became a single father. Rough at first, but definitely worth it in the long run. I look at it as more a psychological process more than anything.

• VM44
    VM44

Conan: What gods do you pray to?

Subotai: I pray to the four winds... and you?

Conan: To Crom... but I seldom pray to him, he doesn't listen.

Conan: Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

--VM44

• metatron
    metatron

The one big problem with this idea is the fact that the Tetragrammaton or Yahweh or Jehovah is used commonly in occult

magic spells and sorcery. For example, Enochian magick is full of it.

metatron

• sir82
    sir82
    The one big problem with this idea is the fact that the Tetragrammaton or Yahweh or Jehovah is used commonly in occult

magic spells and sorcery. For example, Enochian magick is full of it.

You sure won't find that in the next issue of Awake!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Snarf--too funny!

I remember suffering from terrible nightmares about demons when I was in the Jdumbs and trying to say Jehovah. I would usually wake up mumbling it. Funny how I hardly ever have nightmares since leaving that cult. I used to have nightmares about dying at Armageddon also.

• atypical
    atypical

Metatron is right. Enochian magic also mentions "watchtower" a lot.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

You mean it took Jehovah 30 minutes to remove a demon from someone? Or are they saying that the woman praying for help was put on hold? Don't the JWs realize how ridiculous that sounds.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

OK, my 5¢ worth:

rebel8:

Why would they care? It's just a word.
    Yes, in the same way that Mein Kampf is just marks on paper, or a swastika just an arrangement of lines.
    Does saying the word "Jehovah" conjure up the deity himself to appear and vanquish them?
    Pretty much: until the Scientific Revolution, most people knew that "the name is the thing."

under_believer kquotes an old yearbook:

*** yb88 pp. 45-46 Asia ‘Praises Jah’ ***

As a matter of fact, to protect themselves against demon attacks, all in the family, including the father, wore a talisman (tangkal). When the family realized that Jehovah dislikes anything even smacking of spiritism, all removed their “protective” charms immediately except the father. That was a mistake. The father again came under demon attack. This time, though, the mother called out Jehovah’s name and prayed aloud for half an hour. Finally, the attack stopped.

Wait a minute.

If the father was still under the protection of the deeminz, then who was attacking him? It's not the deeminz that "dislike anything smacking of spiritism."

gently feral

• Brigid
    Brigid

Calling on the name of any entity/diety that you attribute power to, will help. Calling on the name of "Jehovah" or saying Yahweh or yudhehvavheh could be successful because of the power you attribute to this diety (and the fact that others attribute power to him also makes him more potent).

It's really your belief system....because ultimately, everything is belief or perception.

Are you personally having problems with "entities"? Is something causing you to be afraid?

~Brigid

• Zico
    Zico

Hi Brigid. I've never had any problems myself, but I know brothers and sisters who say they have, so it was just something I was wondering about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit