How much is the Watchtower worth?

by dido 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

garybuss,

I've thought pretty hard about all of these ideas you mentioned for years. My problem, in trying to figure it out, is that I've worked with some of the sub-contractors. My Bethel roommate (and good friend) worked for one of the biggest WT contracts ever given (to a JW) to manage a computer department. I know that some of the biggest sweetheart real estate deals (CoHi included) are risked by some already rich JW agents. I know the brother of one of the big WT attorneys and relatives of another. They've given up more opportunity than they ever gained. I know a couple contruction contractors who have nearly lost their shirt donating resources to the WT. I know another businessman who finally had to say No to the arrangement he had with the Society because he saw they were continuing to take more and more advantage of his generosity.

I'm sure there could be exceptions, and a few people may have found a way to profit. There's always a chance for that among the business savvy. But I never knew a case that went in that direction. So often, it was the opposite.

No matter how they look to us, or how easy it would be for the types of financial abuse to occur, it would still be a matter of who, what, when, where, how much -- not generalities. You could be very right, I just wish we had more to go on.

Gamaliel

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watch Tower Society is sloppy. They're sloppy in religion, they're sloppy in business, and it's my guess they're sloppy in transferring cash.

Just like joining the Department of Information of the United Nations, they are omnipotent, narcissistic, and egocentric. They think they are invisible and nobody but them has a brain. They were wrong and they are wrong. The beneficiaries will be found out.

We just need one insider who saw a "deal" to leave and talk.

I've wondered for a while if the beneficiaries are even Witnesses. They'd be more invisible if they were not. I'd rather sell the Watch Tower Corporation(s) their printing paper than have an oil well. Those income and expense ledger books are closed for a reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit