How much is the Watchtower worth?

by dido 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• dido
    dido

Most JWs know that personal luxury is not the driving force of the people who are at the top, nor even the people who make the decisions regarding the expenditures and investments of that money. They are actually driven, I think, by another kind of greed. The greed of "spiritual" exclusivity, power or control over others. They want to be the ones who have a personal part in the exclusive club of "the only ones who are right in the entire world". Being in an exclusive (privileged) position in the most exclusive "club" in the world provides them with an extra level of specialness that the average JW doesn't get, but still respects. This is so true Gamaliel, there is a spiritual snobbery, i noticed it all the time, with pioneers, elder`s, bethelites, c/o`s and d/o`s.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Good point Dido, their belonging to a supposedly lofty club gives them a sense of collective and personal importance and superiority.

However the point remains that they do no charity work despite their fabulous wealth, and also: what do they do with all the money they get? Where does it go, do the shareholders get a cut, and who are these shareholders?

Since their yearly accounts are so secret we can't know what goes on.

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

It always amazed me that at assemblies bethel folk from around the world were flown in to give talks and stuff. I had a friend who was closer to this than me and he said these guys flew in 1st class or club class none of your cattle class for these guys and who paid for it?? Us!! In addition if funds are low a "special" talk is given urging bros to put their hands in their pocket's and give more, how many times have we had talks about the poor widow who gave what she could.

Quck builds is another money spinner what with all that free labour where we would pay the price for attending builds hundreds of miles away and sleep on floors or tents.

Yes it is a wealthy business that is a fact.

BM

• Ozner
    Ozner

Friends,

About liquid asset: the JPMorgan Chase Liquid Asset Fund is at this moment used by the WTBTS.

They have > $ 300,000,000 + on there.

I think they have never enough...

Ozner

• lawrence
    lawrence

The flock: "Please Brooklyn, just a drop of water for my tongue."

Brooklyn: "Perish you bastard, gnash and weep while we drink sweet wine."

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Dido, from memory, in the UK the WTS turns over £20m per year or thereabouts and has about the same in assets. PM me if you want a copy of the Annual report for 2003 (albeit it is out of date).

DB74

• Enlightened1
    Enlightened1

I read recently that through freedom of information, it was revealed that in the North American operations reported income was $951 million net profit. Now I want to emphasize that this is their "Reported" income and this is a "Net" profit". Now remember with the advent of "Theocratic tact" , i.e., lying without any remorse or conscience if it's done to further the interests of God's organization, this leaves lots of room for unreported assets and cash.

Now consider the following ruminations in light of this billion dollar fortune 500 enterprise:

when you consider that the wt literally sits on top of billions of dollars in cash and assets and has never in thier 130yr history built One hospital anywhere in the world, they have Never opened one college, high school or elementary school anywhere on the face of the earth, the have no abuse center for the community, the wt society has never bought one old yellow school bus so that folks in africa could get not to the WEKLY meetings each week, but to a DISTRICT CONVENTION JUST ONCE A YEAR at least they could rent a yellow school but NOT EVEN A GREYHOUND, but a yellow bus to take the old and sick to the district, instead here you have a BILLION dollar company bragging about the fact that it's members MUST WALK FOR DAYS TO GET TO THIER SALES MEETING

THERE Is NOT ONE kingdom hall or assembly hall that has been built by the society for folks to worship , instead folks worship under trees and out in the fields- the funny part is the money is actually the contributions of the members

I would feel much better if i knew that some of the guys at bethel were buying Benzs,Rolls Royce, Yachts, private Islands, big old Mansions and stashing away Millions of $$ in Swiss accounts for themselves like we see in so many other religions, but the scary thing about wt is that many of these guys actually belive they are being directed by god

i know some of the guys at bethel who handle money, despite having plenty they act like it is the societys last dime, they are as cheap as they can get and yet they don't personally benifit directly from the money

i recall when i was the circuit assembly account overseer and when i would work in accounting a the district- it was crazy how they protected that money we would have to count it over and over till we could account for every SINGLE PENNY AND I LITTERALLY MEAN EVERY SINGLE PENNY YOU WOULD have thought the do was getting a cut, and they would be like we need to send all this to Mamma, the society needs this money-

the mindset was just unreal

• garybuss
    garybuss

To see the real cash beneficiaries, don't look so close to the top. The Governing Body icons are pawns, red herrings. It LOOKS clean. That's why it works.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Sounds interesting, gary. Who/What/Where?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Look at third party beneficiaries, sub-contractors, agents, and sweat heart real estate deals. You'll never bust the Mafia by studying a street hooker.

With a billion dollars net income, ask yourself how easy it would be to pay an agent, or an attorney, or a contractor a million bucks a year plus. Does a corporation that would do the "donation arrangement" look honest?

JUST the policy of non disclosure of use of donated funds is a HUGE red flag. And six million people are missing this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit