Having Surgery - I'm scared!

by liquidsky 18 Replies latest jw friends

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

I will be praying that everything works out well for you.

My wife has had some cancer scares so we know something about what you are going through.

Jeff S.

www.catholicxjw.com

• Es
    Es

Are you on the pill??? My mum had to have lumps removed as a result of being on the pill?

All the best thinking of you

Keep us updated

es

• Jez
    Jez

You are in my thoughts....if it is cancer though, you want and need to know as early as possible. So this could be a good thing, yah? A close friend of mine had breast cancer, found it early, underwent treatment and is doing great now! Think of all these positive experiences with the war on cancer.

Jez

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

(((((liquidsky)))))

Being scared in this situation is normal. I do hope you have a successful surgery and a speedy recovery, I'll be thinking positive thoughts about you.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

LiquidSky, I feel for you. I had a bone marrow biopsy and aspiration, and the results are STILL questionable? I don't know which is worse, having a diagnosis versus waiting and watching. They think I have something called myelodysplasia. I've had two sisters that have had breast cancer. One had a lumpectomy. The surgeon removed the lump and then it was biopsied. The surgeon told her that he was sure that he removed all of the cancer, but that she would still need chemo for any cancer that may have spread. So, she still has both of her breasts, but has a scar on one of them. The other had a radical mastectomy and had to go through chemo, and had to have a second surgery after cancer started growing in the scar tissue; but she's doing fine!

I just hope for the best for you!

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

hugs to you,,,,,,,,,,I can't begin to understand the fear you are presently facing.

I too have had many serious surgeries and thus can sympathize with you. I had a few years ago huge lump under my right arm pit, it was so very painful. I thought it may be cancer, but it wasn't it was a form of Arthritis. So here I am hoping for you that these masses are cysts.

You are in my prayers and thoughts.

keep us updated. and all I can say is try and relax and not to worry, I know that is easier said then done, but try anyway.

Pamper yourself, and remember that with all our thought and prayers from the board will keep you going. all my love

Orangefatcat

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Hi Liquidsky,

I am hoping and praying that everything comes out well for you. If it is cancer, there are so many treatments now.

The surgery is probably the easier part of all this, the waiting being the worst.

I've had quite a few major surgeries, not fun but not at all horrible.

Big Hugs,

Chrystal

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((Liquidsky)))

The thought of any kind of surgery can be scary, but this is doubly so for you now because of what the surgery is for.

As the others have said, try to stay focussed on the positive - such as what the doc said.

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and pamper yourself as much as you need to.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Liquidsky,

Your in our thoughts and prayers!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit