Eurovision Song Contest

by katiekitten 70 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't like hard rock but Lordi made their song strangely melodic, I think their antics also played a part in them winning. With so many people voting it's not strange that what we consider to be great songs get low marks, music is a matter of personal taste.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Maybe we could arrange a Euro-Night for next year - the Brit with the biggest telly gets to host it

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Midwich - I'd be totally up for that! I can't believe I missed it - its the 2nd Contest I have missed in 25 years and a group I would have loved won it! Rock on Lordi!

(I missed it for a good reason. I was sat a couple of rows behind the Prince of Wales and the boys at The Princes Trust Concert (shown on ITV) and got to see Annie Lennox, Bee Gees, Will Young, Ozzy Osborne (who was awesome!),. Pink, McFly, Sugar Babes all live in front of me. But I did nearly say no to the tickets because it meant missing the Eurovision!)

• Pole
    Pole

The winners can be watched on Google Video now: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5798623101377514296&q=lordi

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It's growing on me

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    It's growing on me

Satanism by stealth, LT. Be very very careful, you will soon start painting your face black and white and sticking your tongue out a lot.

• observer
    observer

And you must admit, there is something very familiar with the words...

All we need is lightning
    With power and might
    Striking down the prophets of false

The true believers
    Thou shall be saved
    Brothers and sisters keep strong in the faith

Hard Rock Hallelujah!

\,,/

• Pole
    Pole

I voted for them out of my fondness for Finland ;-). I guess that's how they got 12 points from Poland.

As an old metal fan I have to authoritatively say these guys are a joke/toung-in-cheek metal band (in case anybody thought they're "real monsters", he, he). At this stage of my mental/emotional development I prefer them to all the rest of the metal stage, though.

Rock'n'Roll enkelit tuo hard rock hallelujaan!!!

• Gill
    Gill

Lordi - sponsored by the WTBTS! Excellent lyrics - typical of any Wagtower mag!

• Pole
    Pole

They need to brush up on their Middle English grammar skills a bit, though.

Never mind, these guys kicked all the plastic asses of the cheesy pop stars this year (albeit with their plastic horror masks).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit