A wedding UNinvitation... please help me before I flip

by Fleshybirdfodder 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Hats off to your brother i would have told them to get F^&%ed!!!! He handled it well prob made them feel more guilty.

Thats just so pathetic

es

• loosie
    loosie

I am not suggesting that your brother do this. But it would be funny in light of the invite and uninvite, if he would send a check to the newly happily married couple and then stop payment on it. He could say "well I sent it off as soon as I found out I was invited and then when I was uninvited I stopped payment on it."

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

He did well in taking the moral high ground. The "friend" may well live to regret it.

After years of shunning by Bestman, because he got DF'ed for something that wasn't really his own fault, I sought him out after I decided to leave the JWs. I was acutely embarrased over my actions but fortunately, for me, he welcomed me back into his life with open arms. Another sterling fella!

He now posts here occasionally as bull01lay

• nelly136
    nelly136

try and look on it as a blessing, he's not gonna have to suffer the monotonous wedding talk .

last jw wedding i attended was dire, as i was dfd i was good enough for running the bride (my mother) around to get her reception food to feed all the dubbies but not actually good enough to attend the reception in case my presence offended anyone.

they've really done him a favour by 'uninviting' him, now he can go do summat fun instead.

• Forscher
    Forscher

I was uninvited to a funeral a few years ago. The man had been the PO of my congregation for many years and the only elder who treated me with anything approaching respect. I'd been real close to his family so knew they'd expecvt me to be there. I recieved word from the elder who was going to preside and at whose home the after-funeral dinner would be held that I was NOT welcome at either event.
    I went anyway. I showed up at the funeral where I found out that the famil;y had been upset that I'd not been at the viewing (I'd not been imformed of the dates or time for that) Since I had a legitimate reasonm for missing the viewing (My car's lights had gone out so I couldn't drive after dark) I was invited by them to the dinner and told they'd understand if I had to leave a bit early to get home before dark.
    So I went to that funeral and sat in a prominent placem,I went to that dinner and sat on the pissed-offed elder's fine furniture while eating his fine food and grinning at him all the while, and had a fine time with some old friends!
    It was the best funeral I ever attended! I wouldn't recommend that little number for a wedding where the groom has uninvited one. I think your friend handled it just fine. The payback would be to send and univitation to said person when HE gets married. Sure, if he marries that Catholic girl his old frined wouldn't be there anyway. But its the thought that counts!!
    Forscher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit