Revelation- Inspired or......A case of bad Chicken

by noidea 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Cowboy,

Peyote is a cactus limited in its range to the SW US and N Mexico. It's scientific name is "lophphora williamsii." The active ingredient is mescaline, which is also produced by the San pedro cactus, "trichocereus pachaanoi" which is sometimes found for sale as an ornamental plant.

A vine native to South America is the source of Ayahuasca or Yage.

Satan must have created all these plants with their alkaloids and phenylethylamines. Surely Jehovah never meant for their use by humans. No, that would be WRONG.

• gumby
    gumby

TRY AND SEE IF A PERSON COULD DROP SOME SHROOMS OR DROP SOME ACID AND COME UP WITH 22 CHAPTERS WORTH OF MATERIAL THAT WOULD RHYME WITH THE REST OF THE BIBLE. SHROOMS OR ACID JUST WASN'T THAT GOOD. WHAT ABOUT THIS IDEA........
    "The revelation of jesus christ which God gave him to show his servants-things which must shortly take place. And he sent and signified it by his angel to His servant John."????
    COULD IT HAVE HAPPENED THIS WAY MAYBE?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Highly improbable.

• Seeker
    Seeker

The Beatles wrote some great songs while on LSD, with lyrics that we hum to this day for they resonante with us. So it would be no big deal for John, trippin', to try to harmonize with the rest of the Bible. Any good author could do the same.

I personally like the senile angle. He would have been very old by then, and could have written any old fool thing down and who would have the guts to tell the last remaining apostle that he had lost it?

• Jourles
    Jourles

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1464125963

Follow the link above to see what the Bible Students thought of Russell back in 1918 with regards to the book of Revelation. If you want to know more, then you may have to put out some cash like me to buy it.

Jourles

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Who cares what a bunch of people standing on a bridge in their underwear thought?

• SnareMaster
    SnareMaster

I DO!

I was one of those chosen by God Almighty to stand on that bridge in my underwear, you impudent whippersnapper!!

• noidea
    noidea

SnareMaster,

Boxers or Briefs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit