Proper Etiquette for Disfellowshipped JW's.

by Dune 18 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Proper ettiquette?

That would entale throwing yourself at the feet of the Elders and begging them to let you back into Jehooper's good graces before Armegeddon strikes.

Sorry, I grovel before no man.

• Purza
    Purza

My mother used to save me a seat when I was DF'd. The elders told her to stop so she did. They never assigned me a seat -- I ended finding my own. But yes, I was humbled when I was DF'd and although I laughed when appropriate, I did keep my eyes downcast and I could never wait to get the hell out of there when the meeting was over.

I told my mother that when I got reinstated I wanted to walk out immediately as I did not want to be welcomed back by a group who shunned me. She convinced me to stay and receive the welcome. It was all bull sh*t.

Purza

• Honesty
    Honesty

I was thinking about the way DF'd people were treated in the Kingdumb Hell's I attended last night. It seemed so weird and wasn't natural affection for a person no matter what they had done.

If Jesus' blood isn't enough to cover our sins then what is?

A group of uneducated Watchtower minions.

Is that crazy or what?

• Poztate
    Poztate

In my wife's congregation they had the sit in the back row rule.They also liked you to enter at the very last moment before the meeting started and leave right away when the meeting finished. Been out for 25 years so don't know how much it has changed.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Since the DF'd spouse can sit with the one who is not, do both of them have to sit in the back?

well they made me..and my wife

which was stupid since the girl i had been involved with sat in the second back row so she was right in my line of vision and therefore of more interest to me than the meeting...so i made the decision to sit further down the hall and to come in quietly just before..not 15 mins before.. the start so i could get settled....but no this was objectionalable to some of the older mature sisters...or one anyway...yes katy pedan you know who you are...so the older mature men made me sit up the back despite my telling them the reason and their going away and doing research and coming back and telling me that they had found nothing to say i had to sit up the back...but that i was to anyway...

i did eventually get reinstated but not before their cruel and unusual (sic) treatment had beaten the crap out of me

so now i dont go...and i'm not with my wife...and i'm not with the girl

so everyones a winner...idiots

on the plus side the guy responsible is no longer a pioneer or a temporary co and his brother was df-ed recently...cheers tony boyland...(the only guy i feel schedenfreud for...and i feel guilty for feeling it)

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

When my wife was re-instating herself after a DF, we did the come in at the last second, sit in the back, and leave at the "A" of "Amen".

The elders put a stop to that by saying that we should stick around a bit because the sisters wanted to play with the baby.

It must have looked pretty farking weird too, messed up their sense of brotherly love to see the best looking family in the place run out as if the Devil were chasing them. That crap causes too many questions and doubts if the congo is not super fundamental. That attitude was bad for me because it was a real shock when we got moved to Fundie Central

• anewme
    anewme

This is so true!

I tried to go back. For six months I sat as a dfd one at the hall in my new town.

The first day I met the P.O. who was very progressive, he shook my hand, gave me the mags and song book, encouraged me to sing loud and pray with everyone. He later secretly told me how impressed he was by my demeanor.

I sat down near the middle and clapped and laughed and sang sweetly to Jehovah (got a good voice).

I did not look sad. I smiled and said thankyou when some kind brother would hold a door for me. When the children would greet me unknowingly I said thankyou back.

But after 6 months the shunning was taking its toll. I wasnt making all the meetings and another elder reminded me my reinstatement depended on my full participation at all meetings. I got a bad feeling from him. Then someone here said the reinstatement could take up to a year or longer!

I buckled and realized kissing ass to get a ticket to paradise was not worth it any longer. I was doomed to go to all the meetings for the rest of my life alone without my family or old friends (cause I moved) and it just was not the same. Also, I am not willing to go door to door anymore and was planning on coming down with depression or panic attacks or lupus or something as an excuse to get out of it. But that scheme did not really sit well with my conscience. So I quit going after I sent in one last letter saying I have repented of my sins against God and my former husband and I feel I have the forgiveness of both.
    I was at peace with that.

I left and have not gone back.

I have left the org and received love, honor and respect by those on the outside. It is almost impossible to return to the old abuse and slavedom.

• damselfly
    damselfly

The stupidist "rule" for DF'd people is not to associate with other DF'd people. So lets see, no family, no friends, no 'wordly" people and no DF'd people. So in other words NO HUMAN CONTACT at all for 6 months or longer. **rolls eyes @ stupidity**

Dams ( misses emoticons )

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I love playing with the JW's. I have passed ones I know a few times in the street, and i smile and say high as i walk past. They generally try to avoid eye contact, then when I say hi don't know what to do, panic, and finally say hi, but usually it has taken their brains so long to click into gear after the panic that I am a meter or so past them before i hear a muffled hello.

As far as sitting at the back that seemed to be the rule in our cong. Parramatta cong had a row of chairs against the back wall, where all the d/f people would sit, which was really stupid as then every person going to the toilet during the session has to try to avoid eye contact. On one occasion a d/f person arrived late and sat 3 or 4 rows from the back with his JW brother, and an elder made him move to the back row. How insane.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit