Were you a Jehovah’s Witness snob?

by plmkrzy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Please don't ask me what salacious means I just inserted it to sound smart.

Sounds slippery, U wouldn't know anything about being slippery.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I was a goody goody but I don't think I was a snob. I don't remember gossipping *much* or being excessively judgmental.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Were you a Jehovah’s Witness snob?

No, but I'm a snob now. I'm making up for lost time.

W

• dido
    dido

I wasn`t a snob, i was `loud` cos i laughed too much! There were snobs tho`, different types, there were `spiritual` ones, who thought that they were sooooooo good cos they always did their w/tower, and other studying for meetings, and then personal study, ( what was that?) Never quite knew the difference, had a hard enough job trying to keep up with the other crap. They were always out in field service, always on the platform giving their boring experiences. Then there were, `my daddies an elder` little snob brats, who looked down their nose at you and your kids, because you were from a divided household. (they were always the worst getting up to mischief). Then there were the` i go and help out at bethel` snobs, oh so priviledged, and` we have the circuit overseer stay at our house,` bla bla bla! All in all, a lot of them were, because they looked down on all those horrible evil people, who they went out to try and convert??

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    But all in all aren't you so much happier now that you don't worry about that stupid s^#t?

Oh no, im sure it wasnt shit. I think it was mostly wee wee's. I mean you only poo once a day. What are the odds you would want a poo right in the middle of the meeting? Plus a poo generally comes in the morning, and the meetings are mostly in the evenings.

I suppose I could understand someone having a poo at the Sunday meeting if it was a 10am meeting...

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

No. I was friendly to the normal people and just sneered at at the hardcore types. Had this ' who made you king ' attitude towards the elders etc. The normal types would come and talk to me about 'things' and I was only a teen . I think the elders were jealous.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    The normal types would come and talk to me about 'things' and I was only a teen . I think the elders were jealous.

Amazing you were not called into a jc meeting for impersonating a real elder

I wasn`t a snob, i was `loud` cos i laughed too much!

Not possible. I wish I could laugh even more about things and I laugh a lot! It IS the best medicine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit