Reading WT & Awake for X years = College Education

by under_believer 31 Replies latest jw friends

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

I looked forward to them too....for at least 30 minutes there were no boring talks....just the sound of people scribbling on the review. Maybe the music thing is a figment of my imagination...at my congo they encouraged people to swap reviews for grading. I chose to keep mine to myself...usually it was full of doodles anyway.

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

regarding the WT/Awake providing a college education...on a somewhat related note: I worked in HR a number of years ago and a resume of a JW came across my desk. Under education the person actually listed graduate of Theocratic Ministry School. That resume quickly found its way to the recycle bin. I must say I was a bit confused by the fact that this person had graduated from the TM --- was there a ceremony? I thought you NEVER graduated from TM. you just did the same boring assignments over and over, year after year, decade after decade....hoping that soon fire and destruction would rain down from above just so you didn't have to continue preparing those mindless talks.

• MissBehave
    MissBehave
    graduate of Theocratic Ministry School

That person was truly delusional, limbogirl!!!!

• under_believer
    under_believer

Hahah speaking of Witness resume padding, I used to put on my resume "199x - 200x: Took part in voluntary worldwide educational community service."

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

Under education the person actually listed graduate of Theocratic Ministry School. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Gee, and here I'm wasting my time in graduate school... I remember another statement about the quality of the Awakes that was a convention staple. Supposedly, some "big man" at Oxford or Cambridge said the contents of the Awake were on par with what someone would get from their university. Of course, the guys title is NEVER mentioned, which leads me to beleive he was lilely head broom-pusher. -silent

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

under believer --- too funny! did any prospective employers call you on that one? how did you explain it? and most important...when explaining it -- did you count this as time? perhaps you counted just the act of submitting your resume as time?

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Ha!
    I have a very good memory and I'm absolutely sure that this was included as one of those braggadocios, claptrap things they stamped on the back of the Awake to give it journalistic legitimacy, after they got rid of the cutout coupon things for old WT books.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Every time I turned in that resume, they asked me what that line item was about. When I said it was as a Full Time Ministerâ„¢ of Jehovah's Witnesses, that would effectively stop that line of questioning. The poor interviewer would change the subject to wombats, or something. Nobody wants to hear about that stuff.

• blondie
    blondie

Graduate from the TMS???

*** School Guidebook study 38 p. 188 Let Your Advancement Be Manifest ***

Having carefully studied and applied all the lessons in this book, are you now ready to graduate from the Theocratic Ministry School? No, for this is a continuing program of ministerial training. There is no graduation when it comes to laying up godly knowledge and practicing what you learn.

Example of someone using TMS on resume

http://www.aithene.net/resume_louanna.html

http://www.mylanguageexchange.com/Jobs-Resumes-View.asp?Id=1533

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    The poor interviewer would change the subject to wombats, or something.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit