looking for letter to Circuit Overseers about blood

by lost_sheep 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lost_sheep
    lost_sheep

I was looking at AJWRB's timeline of the history of the blood doctrine, & noticed this : 2000 - In the spring, Circuit overseers in the United States receive a letter instructing them to inform local bodies of elders not to disfellowship anyone who accepts blood transfusions. If their conduct becomes known and they are deemed unrepentant, they will be considered to have disassociated themselves.

Does anyone have a scan of this letter? I would love to see this! I thought it was interesting that it said if their conduct becomes known. More evidence that the WTS is more concerned about appearances than truth.

Thanks,
    lost_sheep

• blondie
    blondie

That will be hard to find. The CO read the information to the BOEs, did not let them see the "letter" (the CO would not even call it a "letter" despite the elders being able to see the letterhead at the top of the paper). No copy was given to them nor were they allowed to make a copy. The CO only would have a copy of this "non" letter.

Blondie (from an elder who was there)

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Ok - come on all you lurking DO's and CO's out there - post it up!

Jeff

• truth.ceeker
    truth.ceeker

Do you think that those in the wtbts would use guerilla tactics to flush out non-conforming co's and do's in a case like this? Since there was not an official letter, it may have been tightly controlled and if it got out, then the society would have a good idea where it could have come from and take actions to shore up it's wounds.

just curious

truth.ceeker

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

Oh man, would I love to have a copy of that letter for my family that is still in...

Please tell me someone has it in their archives of secret wtbs stuff?

• mavie
    mavie

In lieu of a scanned letter, can any elders verify this?

• sir82
    sir82

Oh it is definitely policy, communicated verbally in a CO / elders meeting.

I suspect that if any current CO / DO suddenly grew a conscience, he could supply a wealth of "smoking guns" to severely damage WT credibility.

Is there anybody out there?

• mavie
    mavie

bttt

• mavie
    mavie

bttt

This topic really has me intrigued. Any former elders heard of this? I suppose I could look at the Flock book RR got with the notes...

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Hello, lost_sheep

Blondie is correct, as usual.

I was at our local elders meeting when the letter was read. Another elder asked the CO to talk slower so he could write what he read word-for-word. The CO admonished the elder not to be so formal, that the gist of the letter is all he needed to write as a simple note. The same elder then stated that if the letter carries a message consequential to whether a judicial committee should or should not be formed that he thought the CO should let him copy the letter for our file. This time the CO went off of the younger elder.

If you want to read the exact same letter only addressed to another sub-group within the WTS' hiearchy, you can view it at the following link: http://ajwrb.org/basics/wtletter6-16-00.jpg

Except for a couple of words in the closing paragraph, it is the exact same letter, word for word.

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit