question about antidepressants

by aquagirl 8 Replies latest watchtower medical

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

it it bad in the dubs eyes to be on an antidepressant?im having a hard time getting a straight answer from the dubs i [sorta]know...thanks

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

aquagirl,

there are many here in the local congregation that know we both take antidepressants, mainly because we are advocates of any legal drug that gets you through the day. no one has ever given us any grief over it, but it might be one of those things where you are that you adhere to the don't ask/don't tell policy...and really, what business is it of anybody what your physician prescribes for you.

j2s

• under_believer
    under_believer

The most solid statement from Brooklyn I can find on the subject:
    *** g01 9/8 p. 13 How You Can Help ***
    If your parents suspect that you are suffering from clinical depression, they may take you to a physician who is experienced in treating the disorder. This is a wise step, for often depression can be greatly relieved with treatment, where this is available. For example, when a chemical imbalance is involved, an antidepressant might be prescribed. If this is true in your case, do not feel ashamed of taking medication. It simply restores your body chemistry to its proper balance, and this can be the key to helping you regain a measure of joy and stability in your life.
    However there are still old-timers that look at it as "popping pills" and who look down on people who take them. It depends on your area and the locals.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

A wife of a Bethel heavy in Brooklyn is under meds and is under surveillance by the medical staff. This one for sure, many others I would assume.

- IN search for the Grail

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

thanks..i was wondering.trying to get help for my pop.but i dont want to make more trouble for him than he's already got...

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

aquagirl,

Some of the sisters in my hall hand those suckers out like candy! It was a trend in the late 80's. All those sisters have since divorced thier "spiritual" husbands and moved in with 'Worldly" men. I wonder if their husbands didn't drive them to pills and infidelity. Some of those guys were real jackasses.

Hell, take'em if you got'em.

W.Once

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

i remember that time..it was prozac and the like..in some cases i think its more the person than the drug..in another thread i mentioned that some drugs,like vicodin,work well and as intended for some while for some,they destroy any semblance of sanity..i believe that some depressions are caused by a chemical imbalance and can be rectified by chemicals.i know that some dubs say 'just read matthew' or 'pray,pray pray'...but its like being gay,you dont really control it.you is or you is not....thanks for the input,i appreciate it more than you can imagine...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Anti depressants are fine, it appears there are a lot of depressed people in the organisation.

My mother is a Circuit Overseer's wife and regularly recommends that people talk to the doctor about going on antidepressants.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I went on ad's and told my elders and they didn't take any judicial action. Got them off my case re getting out on the preach though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit