How are JW's perceived where you live?

by JH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Nutcases. Sorry, in a nutshell that's about it. I mean get into the paradise earth, 144,000, and all the other crazy doctrines much less the pedophile problem, treatment of women, flip-flops (rape, transplants, Sodom & Gomorah, etc....) = nutcases. That's what I hear. I have not heard one person NOT tell about some 'big jehovah that...."

Yes, I know that refering to them as 'big jehovahs' would be considered sacreligious to most jw's but that's the way it is.

• mustang
    mustang

If I hadn't "been in" 30 years ago, I wouldn't know anything at all about them.

Some time ago (decade?) I recollect seeing them about yearly; then I remember some of them visiting one set of neighbors (immigrant workers) for weeks in a row. Funny, since the migrants moved on, I haven't seen any for a few years.

I would say most of my neighbors are totally ignorant of them.

Well done, oh most effective preaching machine

Mustang

• Kudra
    Kudra

I don't think they're even "perceived"

One friend surprised me when I was saving some aluminum foil that some one brought to my house to cover a food dish: He said: "Hey- I thought you guys weren't supposed to use that stuff!"
    Weird- where did he learn that? Maybe after one of my ragging sessions about the JWs he looked them up or something.
    That's too great- some "worldly" person decides to do some research on the JWs and he comes away with the aluminum story!
    haahahahah

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Most non-Witnesses here seem to know they don't celebrate Christmas, Easter, and birthdays, that they don't take blood (though some think they don't take medical treatment at all), and they minimize contact with non-Witnesses. It appears that only some know they don't vote, or about disfellowshipping. Very few seem to know anything about their 'kingdom message'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit