I got a job!

by Satans little helper 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

WooHoo!

I got binned from my consultancy contract just over two weeks ago after falling out with a colleague and have been stressed right out because there is nothing around in Perth at the moment in the IT field that I was working in. Today I got offered a permanent role as a business analyst for a small IT firm in Perth!

It's loads less money than working as a contractor but I get paid leave, sick leave and paid public holidays; best of all it is back doing customer focussed work out onsite so I will get some travel to South Africa and Indonesia

Damn, I feel relieved, but a bit choked that I am going to have to sell the car because we cannot afford it

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Congratulations on the job!

Commiserations on the car though! What car is it?

• luna2
    luna2

Congratulations on landing another job, Slh! That had to be nerve wracking. The opportunity for travel sounds great. Too bad about the car, though.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi SLH, and congratulations on getting a job, and with a bit of travel involved as well.

Hopefully, you will be able to get another car soon.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi SLH,

Congrats on the job! I've done several things in the IT field and business analyst was probably my favorite.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

thanks for the good wishes, the car is a Toyota Echo, real small but the first brand new car we have ever had.

Still, at least we can keep our heads above water now. It's been really nerve wracking, especially with being in Australia less than a year.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Previous to Australia, where did you live?

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

England, originally from Plymouth then moved to Bristol for work

• Highlander
    Highlander

Good for you. I would imagine being a fresh transplant to Australia only added to the stress of being temporarily out of work.

Congrats on the new job. It sounds like the perks of this job will compensate for the less pay. In time I'm sure you'll make up the lost money in future raises and bonuses.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

thanks. It's frustrating about the money but to be honest we will still have a pretty good standard of living, it's just going to mean being a bit careful for a year or so.

I've been wanting to get a BA role for ages, for the last 2 years I have had been in really tightly focussed techie roles with little opportunity to move forward or have any real interaction with people. This could turn out to be a real step forward professionally as the natural progression for this type of job is towards project management.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit