My mother started preaching on me today...

by digglina 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

My favorite retorts from the board for "Jehovah always works through an organization":

• Who was Jehovah's Organization from the second century to Russell?
    • ..and Jehovah has also rejected that organization when they strayed. Look at what happened to Isreal. If "Jehovah's Organization" has become unclean, must I not reject it also?
    • Oh yeah, just thought of another one. Which "organization" did Jesus belong to? Didn't he openly criticise the properly appointed organization of his day? If Jesus openly condemned corruption and injustice, EVEN IN JEHOVAH'S APPOINTED ORGANIZATION, shouldn't I?
  • Swan
    Swan
    there has always been some kind of organization.
    Who was Jehovah's Organization from the second century to Russell?

According to Barbara Anderson's research, while on the writing staff at Bethel, there were few throughout history, if any, who met the four criteria that the Watchtower Society expected Jehovah's "true" worshippers to have. Eventually the project of identifying the chain of "true" worshippers from the second century until the JWs in 1881 was dropped.

Tammy

• digglina
    digglina

Thank you all very much for your responses. They've been very helpful to me. Sorry I couldn't respond sooner.

Thanks,

Digglina

• KW13
    KW13

Also this is coming from a time when he had a chosen nation and being a believer was the norm.

He never had an organization or chose one, it was people with a unity under Christ meeting together, people all over the world would have the same (and do have the same) beliefs e.t.c because of using the bible e.t.c

Organization needed? God works with and for individuals. If he needed an organization, why has the Society made so many mistakes?

• digglina
    digglina

KW13: my mother would answer: and what about the elderly body and the encouragement to have meetings?

How would you reply?

Digglina

• KW13
    KW13

That this structure came from a time when religion = life. People lived it.

forgive me for plugging this thread but seriously, its good. A lot of scriptures.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/112856/1.ashx

• digglina
    digglina

KW13

Thank you: lots of information there!

Saw you used it on your mom also...

• KW13
    KW13

Yes, mum tested.

• I-follow-the-narrow-path
    I-follow-the-narrow-path

You should be apart of religion (God or not) if you really don't want to. Don't let anyone force you into believing, believe in yourself (hmmm... I should say that to myself everyday now)

• Poodles
    Poodles

digglina

At least you have a mom, i don't and i miss her so much!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit