So much for the slow road...

by mavie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    my wife is not ready to hear what you mention

Dear mavie,

It's not about what I'm saying. It's not about pushing or forcing. It's about your dear wife and you shifting more attention into the reality of the moment, and less in story. The reality of nature is full of wisdom it openly shares, if you will only meet with it and listen. As weird as this may sound, I assure you that a tree alive in nature knows more about the living presence of the Divine, than when it is cut down and manufactured into pages in a Bible.

Spending time in nature can be extremely educational and conducive in reestablishing a true and conscious connection with our source and sustenance. In this connection there is vitality and healing. Blind to the presence of this connection, we are as fish out of water, and there is much suffering, confusion and heartache.

Stop placing God afar, and gently rediscover the pristine pool of truth and reality which you and your wife already exist within. That's all I'm saying, though at times I may sound forceful to get through.

I wish you and your dear wife, the very best.

j

• greendawn
    greendawn

That imperfection pretext is a classic JW excuse, the point is that imperfection can justify only so much and the WTS has gone way beyond what can be justified. After all the criticise other religions without taking into consideration their human imperfection.

Can't she just stick to her own beliefs while you have your own ones?

• mavie
    mavie

Greendawn, she does respect whatever I choose to believe. I try to reciprocate that. However, I have a problem with reducing anything you can't explain to imperfect people and decisions. I don't know how to answer that.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    She also claims to have seen Jehovah in action throughout her life. As a result of her past experience, she can look past any imperfection or seeming contradiction.

Almost any religious Jew or Christian can say the same thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit