AAAAHH! I should've kept my damn mouth shut.

by Nosferatu 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    is that as in Ampex 456?

Yeah, that's the stuff! Except, I never usd Ampex 456. I couldn't afford the "good" stuff when I was a teenager, so I bought used tapes. Some of them are holding up well, and some aren't.

I have not heard of using a microwave for this, but there is a lot of things that I have not heard of.....

I'm not using the actual microwave guts (with the exception of the fan), just the oven itself. I'm replacing everything with a low heat element, and a temperature control. I only want the microwave to keep the heat in. My father suggested using a 100 watt light bulb, so I'm going to try that first. If that doesn't work, I've got a hair dryer I can steal the element from.

I've heard of using food dehydrators for baking tapes as well, but the microwave route was much cheaper for me. None of it has cost me any money so far. Gotta love salvage!

Some people are just bigger drains on your emotions and life than is necessary and no matter how hard you try, you just cannot have a relationship with them..

Yeah, no kidding. It's just so hard to avoid them. My father calls every goddam day, even if he's got nothing to talk about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit