Good-bye, Sylvester

by AudeSapere 28 Replies latest jw friends

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

((((Denise)))) It sounds like Sylvester has a broken heart. I'm so sorry. I can see how much you love your pet and how much it pains you to see him suffering. There are so many important stages of your life that Sylvester has been there for and I know this must be cutting you up.

Just hang in there darlin. If it gets bad don't be afraid to sing out to your friends here...

• TresHappy
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Thank you all so much for your comments and kindnesses.

I took Sylvester to the animal shelter in a nice snuggly white basket with a big handle. He was cuddled up in a soft towel and just so listless. He didn't argue, fidget in the car or anything.

It was the right thing to do. Maybe a couple days too late. But certainly it would have been wrong to keep him going any longer.

One of you said 'it seems that he had a broken heart'. It's true. I've said the same thing. He lost his best buddy - his brother.

Everyone's been so kind. My brother left work 30 minutes early to accompany me to the clinic. My neighbor (new) come over to say good-bye. He even cooked me some dinner. The clinic people were so kind and caring. They did not even charge me. The vet tech who took him back told me that they would do the proceedure right away so he would not have to sit and worry and fret.

Thank you again for your kind, supportive words. It means alot to me.

Please forgive me not acknowledging everyone individually. The screen is blurry from tears and I'm so worn out.

I'm going to lie down now. I have a pretty good sized headache and it's time for another cry...

-Denise.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Saying "I'm so sorry" sounds lame, but I truly am. When our beloved tomcat got kitty cancer and went to rest, my hubby and I clung to each other and cried. He used to pat my hubby's face with his big paw, and kiss his cheek. Time does help, and like you said, a good cry!

• White Waves
    White Waves

I am sorry you had to make such a difficult decision. It is never easy to lose a pet. They touch our hearts so deeply. You made the right decision for him.

WW

• nsrn
    nsrn

Denise, so sorry about your loss. We have a sick cat, too, and will soon have to make that decision. Pets can we wonderful friends and comforters in the tough times, can't they? Hugs to you, I know you are grieving....

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

misspeaches - "If it gets bad don't be afraid to sing out to your friends here..." Just knowing this makes me feel better. I knew I could count on you. Hugs, chickadee.

Virgochik - 'I'm sorry' is sometimes all that can be said. Thank you so much for posting to my thread. It might sound trite, but I really do appreciate that so many people responded. It's helped me grieve.

Tres - The little garden pic reminds me of my little garden. It's a happy little place.

WhiteWaves - It's tough to lose a pet. I lost the other cat in October. Then broke up with the boyfriend in November. I cried more over the cat. Go figure!! Those little guys were just so loving. Thank you for your concern.

nsrn - My heart goes out to you. They just get so helpless and look to us to make them feel better. I wish I had done more research on the net (funny that I didn't) to learn more about Sylvester's illness and about other ways to help him. There were some simple tricks that I could have employed that would have made things easier for both of...

Again - Thank you all for posting to my thread. Although I don't post as much (as I did with my first 'AudeSapere' account), I still read much of what's here and truly thrive on the love and humanity shown on this site. I'm a better - or at least 'saner' - person for having found y'all.

Hugs and Love,

-Denise.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((Denise)))

I almost lost my one of my cats to a broken heart a couple of years ago when he lost his buddy. He just laid down and refused to do anything - totally out of character. He was only 7 yrs old though and I managed to pull him back up.

Whoever says animals don't have emotions/feelings ....

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

A lovely thought for your Sylvester, a little condolances from Orangefatcat.

Good bye little friend

Orangefatcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit