Brooklyn reorganization tied to "Deliverance at Hand" District Convention?

by truthseeker 45 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

A few days ago, someone posted an email that was sent by a sister in Bethel.

A follow up post gives some more info on the reorganization in Brooklyn Bethel and the District Convention theme.

Any comments?

http://e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1247&st=0

The Brooklyn move is fascinating, to be sure.

Last night I had the opportunity to visit with a couple of old friends...one sister who was always a great source of encouragement to me. She had mentioned that this movement within the organization was also tied to the upcoming "Deliverance At Hand" DC and the message that will be delivered leading up to that convention. Apparently, it is 80 years since the society released the Deliverance publication (again, making a time-frame 'salvation-at-hand' connection for the friends). The GB has evidently seen the necessity for some movement as I'm sure the message back to Bethel is that the brothers are growing weary in the work.

I was saddened (not sure if that's the right word) when I looked into the sisters' eyes as they rabidly witnessed to me (they are unaware of my affiliations here). There was a definite sense of desperation. I wasn't aware that desperation could be maintained for 30 years without learning to thrive on the emotion. It must be extremely difficult for them to place all their hopes and aspirations in an organization of imperfect, very fallible men who time and time again hang out a "carrot" only to disappoint when it is revealed to be a wax vegetable table decoration. But it is all they know.

My visit with them was spontaneous, although I felt "moved" to do it. Strangely, I felt as if I encouraged them in a kind of juxtaposed scenario. I don't know, friends...hasn't the society's creating such anxiety amongst the brotherhood taken a tremendous toll on them emotionally? Isn't artificially-induced anxiety one of the burdens we are told to avoid? The friends have grown so dependent on every society-driven manifesto, they see each watchtower hiccup as a sign from God of impending disaster. Interestingly, this sister is considering selling her super-structure house-on-the-hill and downsizing to a 350K condo on the golf course. As if things aren't confusing enough, I have to wonder if half of the anxieties of life aren't self-created, as if we couldn't survive without some kind of turmoil. I'm not sure if causing such dependency, the hanging on every thread of every imperfect pronunciation, doesn't qualify as some sort of emotional abuse.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Does anyone know anything about the old publication "Deliverance at Hand" - any feel there may be an update release?

• metatron
    metatron

I doubt that the Society will go out on a limb and actually say anything dramatic. It's more likely that they've designed matters to slowly

drain away whatever money and devotion they can score from these old timers to maximize their gains.

metatron

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I feel like I came in in the middle of a conversation here. Is this saying that the organization is somehow revitalizing an 80 year old publication to 'prop up the friends' ?

Jeff

• under_believer
    under_believer

In his post there, Gus says:
    >>Isn't artificially-induced anxiety one of the burdens we are told to avoid?
    This is really untrue. "Creating and maintaining a sense of urgency about the time of the end" is one of the overt, acknowledged maxims of the Society and its publications.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The "Deliverance" book, published in 1926, is available in PDF format... just Click Here to Download it.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Something tells me that this isn't going to be your run of the mill district convention. I suspect that this year it is going to be over the top. I do think there may be a new book based on the deliverance theme, or at least some talks during the program that mention it. I also expect some "brighter light", possibly in the new book itself.
    The JW's are actually turmoil right now. Their numbers are going down and it's only a matter of time before the membership catches on. I think more than ever before are leaving because of the "apostacy" on the internet. I can't wait to go.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

THe C.O. who I talked to in the past couple of days mentioned to me that the thrust of the upcoming assembly is that (start yawning) "we are in the last days - this is it." and that the GB is having a hard time getting the message to the brothers since many including elders are slowing down.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I suspect that this year it is going to be over the top. I do think there may be a new book based on the deliverance theme, or at least some talks during the program that mention it. I also expect some "brighter light", possibly in the new book itself.

Yes, it will be "over the top" and, as usual, will have no real substance. In order to maintain control over the Rank and File JWs, the WTS needs to maintain a sense of urgency and they do this through their annual pep-rallies: Circuit Assemblies, Special Assembly Days, District Conventions, Special Talks, etc...

There will not be a new book this year. Just a lousy tract. If you are wondering, I am not guessing, I know this as a fact.

• sir82
    sir82
    There will not be a new book this year. Just a lousy tract. If you are wondering, I am not guessing, I know this as a fact.

Can you leak the title? Or at least the theme?

Not even a new brochure this year?

So, with no new book at the DC this year, that means another "repeat" at the CBS, after the 4th(!) time thru the Revelation book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit