What's the best way to let someone down gently?

by ballistic 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Brigid
    Brigid
    but I'm glad I'm not dating you... you have pet names for the various stages of dating???

Oh Ballsy! You never know, could be a fun learning experience--or just plain fun, anyway---oh well. Not so much pet names for dating situations, I just observe people, most especially mySelf. Many times when I was younger, I played the girl in your situation until I learned to take responsibility for my own stuff. Other times, I played you in a situation and bailed post haste. When you're nice (and I am nice) it's easy to get targeted by needy people. We all need some things from others and can provide things to others but your job is to know when something is needed that exceeds your limitations.

~Brigid, the warm hearted

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yeah glad you realised I was pulling your leg. I agree there is possibly a science to relationships somewhere but the best times are not planned in manner but are best when your feelings run away with themselves. Unfortunately, this is the mode of greatest risk, because you never know if those feelings will be returned to you or not. Still, what I jokingly expressed was that of knowing the master temptress, something very scary indeed.

• anewme
    anewme

I had a huge crush on a guy once. I think the way he handled it helped me to understand reality.

He said he did not have those same feelings for me.

He liked me and thought I was a fine person and wanted to keep me as a friend (which I believe was true), but that he had no romantic feelings for me.

I got the picture. (Funny, I actually went to a psychic about him who said he had gay tendencies!)

I stopped calling him and he actually called me maybe two or three times after that.

But shortly after that I moved away and have lost contact altogether now after 5 years.

• luna2
    luna2

Every time I read the title of this topic I think about that Brenda Lee song, Break It To Me Gently. Didn't somebody else sing that more recently? Nevermind...not really important. lol Carry on.

• ballistic
    ballistic

As I started out in the thread, I've often been on the receiving end, and I often think of the song, "If this is it" by Huey Lewis and The News. Lyrics go something like, if this is it, please let me know... if this aint love, you'd better let me go. god, such sad lyrics from such an upbeat group, every track normally exudes happiness.

• luna2
    luna2

I'm feeling very maudlin today, Mr. b...you're gonna make me cry. (Its still raining too, so that's depressing).

• ballistic
    ballistic

((luna))

• luna2
    luna2

I'm pathetic. I swear, its the rain. Thanks for the hug, tho. ::pats b on his fuzzy head::

Found my duct tape so I think I'll tape some plastic over my car window and go buy groceries. Maybe I'll go to the bookstore and get a new book too...cuz I only have like 500 of them laying around here. Get a coupla cats and I'll be all set.

• ballistic
    ballistic

It's raining here too in England. Very rainy. But again, the time zones come into play. It's the time of day when you can start opening a bottle of wine without apology... and not think about grocery shopping.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass
    Funny, I actually went to a psychic about him who said he had gay tendencies!)

So anewme, do you think of the song from Valley Girl "Johnny Are You Queer" when you think of that guy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit