Wolf, sheep - or sheepdog?

by Nathan Natas 38 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

The danger of metaphor, as you well know, is generalization. People - and sheep - are more complex. Fully civilized people are not completely helpless...or dense. As another poster has noted, solid body language can dissuade predators.

The modern peacekeeping force takes on a multiplicity of jobs. They may be first responders in a disaster. They may negotiate with local leaders to stem terrorism.

Then there are the negotiators of the world. They are not sheep, sheepdogs, wolves, or pigs.

http://tedxtalks.ted.com/video/When-Should-We-Negotiate-with-T

I do agree that there are people in this world who take, burn, pillage with no thought to their victims. We do need a force to deal with them.

• humbled
    humbled

thanks for the link jgnat. the roots of violence are often complex.

• *lost*
    *lost*

yeah NN, some people rely on the sacrifice of others to enjoy the freedoms.

That would also include YOU, you moron.

SBF as to what quenn and country and colonialism has to do with this discussion, I have no idea.

Or is it just a random, racist, bigoted attack on the people of the British Isles, by an American ?

awh, get the tissues boys, have a good cry.

America was built off the backs of the Brits, who fought and sacrificed much in their History.

England was the 'workshop of the world'

ffs, please, PLEASE, try harder, please give me something to challenge my intellectual senses,

please don't tell me this is all you have got, cos you are seriously lacking in substance and 'true intellect'.

SBF if you want to take up Brit bashing, go over to Simon's post and have at it. show us all what you got.

can you hear me laughing.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Killing people all around the world is a virtue of being American,

ahhh, I was wondering what thhis thread was about.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

*lost*, I find your continued us of insulting, threatening and provoking language offensive. It is a violation of forum rule #1.

If you are unable to express yourself in a civil manner, you would do well to remain silent.

• *lost*
    *lost*

you can give it but you can't takae it.

got to go .. gonna enjoy the weekend with a 'real' man, oh, and yeah, he has the sacrs to 'prove' his worth.

hope you have a lovely fun filled satisfying, happyfied weekend Nate.

oops, can you be specific there please Nate, what exactly, use of insulting, threatening and provoking language do you find offensive ?

Wondering if it's the same as what you use ?

I guess I'm not at the same dizzying heights of intellectual capabilties as you are Nate.

I'm just an ignorant poor, uneducated goat herder that don't know much.

Learning all the time though, learning all the time.

.. oh happy days...

ta-ra now

Have yourself a great weekend.

there's one on me to get you started

• cofty
    cofty

Lost - Did you resurrect this thread just so you could insult the person who started it 7 years ago? That's what it sounds like.

By the way SBF is British. Think before you rant.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I have a 90 lb barely a year old Rottie pup

That is pretty heavy, considering it is a female and that a Rotty develops it's muscle a fair bit in it's second year. My male was around 115 to 120 pound full grown and he was a strong beast. Great dogs, terrific breed.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Cofty - it's directed at NN actually, more so than SBF, just was making a wuick reply to SBF on the comment he posted.

see cofty, you don't even know the history here do you ? yet, here you are getting stuck in the middle of something, which yuou know absolutley nothig about, because you do not have the full facts, 'all of the information', like, what or should I be more specific, 'who' kicked this off.

so don't accuse me of bumping this thread as the sole purpose of ridiculing the original poster.

When one is attacked, they have the right to defend themself, I am defending myself.

You don't even know what happened.

Your a scientist aren't you Cofty, you deal with facts ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit