I just got this

by fullofdoubtnow 24 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I just took my mum home with her shopping, and she gave me a letter from a sister in my old kh. The sister was one of my best friends for years, and one of the few people outside the elders who I told I was about to da, and why. She knows I have moved recently, but doesn't know my new address, so she dropped this letter at my mums this morning:

Dear Linda

It's been quite a while since I saw you, and I have missed you so much. I was very upset when you left the congregarion, but I do sort of understand your reasons, and thank you so much for explaining them to me. This letter is not an attempt to try to get you to return, I just want to know how you are. I know how hard the elders came down on you because you still wanted to talk to Trevor, and I do agree with you about shunning, as you well know it has never been to my liking either. Talking of Trevor, I hear that you do a bit more than talk to him now! Well, I always thought there was a spark between you two, and hoped that one day you would both realise it, and now you are together, albeit as former Witnesses. I am not prying, but I assume you sleep together, and while I don't approve of sex outside marriage, I do approve of your happiness, and your mum says she has never seen you so happy as you are now.

I will be forever grateful for all the kind and loving things you did for me when we were both in the Truth, and though I have no thoughts on leaving the Witnesses at all, I would still love to see you again, or just chat on the phone from time to time. I will not preach to you, and if we do meet it will have to be discreet, I don't want the elders to hear about it. Perhaps we can meet sometime at your mums, hopefully with Trevor there as well. I will leave it with you, but whatever you decide to do, I wish both you and Trevor every happiness possible in your life together. I am hoping to hear from you soon

All my love

XXXX

I am not sure how to respond to this. This sister was one of my best - ever friends in the jws, and I really miss her. It was lovely to get her letter, and know that she is still thinking of me, and dedpoet reckons if I give her a call it can't do any harm - I can always hang up if she does get preachy with me. She is, and always has been, a very loyal jw, so she is taking a risk even trying to contact me, so I think I might call her later. I will tell you how it goes if I do.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

is she the gossipy type? that would want to talk to you to get the juicy details of your love life?

if not.. i dont see why not give her a call..like you say, you can always hang up.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

No, she never came across as the gossipy type, quite the opposite really, and I will quite probably call her later, I have nothing to lose by doing so really.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

She sounds like a sincere friend .I say give it a chance , why not ?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I'm so excited for you. I hope she continues to be a good friend to you both.

Maybe she has some questions...at the very least, she'll know how cool x-jw's are.

lisa

• under_believer
    under_believer

What would be best for her, in the long run, would be for her to get caught and ratted out to the elders for meeting with you. Then she could see a little of that "brotherly love," "justice," and "mercy" in action in the form of a judicial committee.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    "I am not prying, but I assume you sleep together, and while I don't approve of sex outside marriage,"

Typical Jdub bull... It's just none of her damn business. Tell her you didn't ask her for her approval in terms of your sex life.

Dismembered

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Fulla - I think the woman is trying to do her best to compromise how she feels about you and her loyalty toward the religion. She is probably torn. As for commenting on you sex life, well she would not be a JW if she did not throw something preachy in there. I think it is great that she is extending an invitation. I think you are wise to wonder, ponder and then put a plan in place should you choose to speak with her. I agree with you, if she starts to get preachy, warn her once (you know they cannot help themselves sometimes) and then the second time it happens excuse yourself and get off the phone. Good luck and keep us posted.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

I hope that it works out for the both of you. I have to admit that the part of her asking about sleeping with Trevor was a bit over the top in my opinion. Then at the end she asked if he could be there if you meet at your moms, hhmmm is she a single sister?

Cab

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I think you should call her and meet with her if the call goes well. She's being very outside-the-WT-box even contacting you at all, and wanting to meet you... well, ! I say good for her! She's acting like a human being and not a WT drone. Proper behavior should be rewarded.....

It would be nice for you, too, most likely. And who knows, if she sees how happy you are as an exJW, it might put even more doubts about the WTS in her mind.

I hope it works out well!!!

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit