How much persecution did you expect to come when you were a JW?

by JH 16 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Any "persecution" beyond that of my non-JW abusive pedophile father seemed tame in comparison.

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

i expected a lot of persecution. what i didn't expect was that 100% of it would come from within the congregation.

• under_believer
    under_believer

I was repeatedly told that it would be worse than anything I could imagine. My biggest fear was that they'd do something to my kids, kill or torture them if I didn't sign a statement or something.
    Actually that was one of the things that made me start to drift away. I knew that I would sign the statement rather than see my kid tortured or killed, and I didn't believe that God would hold it against me.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I could not see any persecution coming in a liberal and tolerent modern western society where freedom of religious belief is guaranteed by the constitution.

The WTS had itself used the courts when it felt its constitutional rights were being violated and got fairly treated.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Expect it? I wanted it! It would be proof that I wasn't wasting my time, and it would finally be something interesting and dramatic in my life!

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two
    I could not see any persecution coming in a liberal and tolerent modern western society where freedom of religious belief is guaranteed by the constitution.

Ditto! I felt the same way.

• delilah
    delilah

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{[ Blondie }}}}}}}}}}}}}]

I also remembered the persecution in Malawi, and I feared having the same torterous things done to me. I also had this great fear of being put into a deep hole filled with snakes. I knew I'd not be able to "stay loyal to Jehovah" if that were to happen....I detest snakes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit