The Watchtower preparing to become Mainstream?

by lovelylil 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kid-A
    kid-A

They may tone down some specific doctrines, but there is no way they would ever give up their claim to being "gods mouthpiece" on earth, to paraphrase CT Russell.

Honestly, considering the outrageous sacrifices the WTS expects of its members (including child sacrifice should the need arise), the claim of "gods channel" is the

only card they can play to produce loyalty in the R+F. Even 'hinting' that they dont have exclusive rights to the "truth" and opening the door to other 'pagan' religions having "some"

truth would cause a seismic drop in membership. What real reason would any of them have for staying?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Is it possible that we are just seeing a cyclical thing - occasional crackdowns on the R & F, followed by a short times of relative niceness?

I suspect that they may have done a little panic mode because of the US numbers, busted some tail through the conventions and circuit visits, and then realized that the bleeding has not stopped.

So, maybe loosen the tourniquet for just a little while to avoid total gangrene, and then back onto the torture rack as usual?

• heathen
    heathen

With the UN NGO agreement they stated they would join other religions in support of the charter mandate . They did agree to get along without any defamatory remarks toward each other . The implications of what they did is something most jws will not understand because they will believe whatever comes out of headquarters . Personally I don't like mainstream religion myself , They are just too wrong about alot of things .

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hello,

I've notice the WT trying to be more pallable. The new study book, has anything controversal in the appendix, in the back. Also the cultish stuff, like the faithful slave and organization, that there're the only true religion.etc. is not even brought up. Other than the appendix in the back..any religion might not have a problem with studying out of it. It's very watered down..

Also, the same is true for the mags...hardly any slams on religions.etc..

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can't see them changing because their interests are too bound up with a cultic type of organisation and they certainly haven't budged from this sort of attitude since Rutherford's days.

Can they accept that the blood transfusion ban has been wrong or can they allow freedom of speech within their organisation? I can't see that sort of revolutionary change happening.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

this is true, but it wouldn't suprise me to see them in a back booth at the local Hooters discussing profits and investments...

just2sheep ...

Very well put ... as long as it is not a public thing ... you are right ...

Even if it was discovered that the meeting took place at a Hooters, it would simply be explained that the girls could not be reached in the regular door to door activity.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit