When former Witnesses do this, it kind of freaks me out.

by free2beme 24 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I use to live in California and was invited to attend one of those meetings back in the late 90's I think. May have been 2000. I couldn't bring myself to go. Even though the people seemed to be very nice, it did make me very uncomfortable. I had a hard time understanding what the point was. There are quite a few exjws in Ca that attend those things, it ain’t for me.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have not read all the posts yet but in the 80's down her in texas when the "apostates" took over the bonham cong. most of the cong. turned apostate, I believe. I think they were holding meetings in the KH b/c they had possession of it at the time and jws had to build a new one-a really huge one with a pond and all. never heard what became of all that, however. funny how info like that gets lost so quickly, it has only been about 20 yrs.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I never had this experience but I suppose it would be creepy if the group had not yet escaped completely the orbit of the WTS and asserted its own individuality and used words like jehovah and organisation.

On the other hand in the unlikely event that a group asserted a strong individuality it could be useful in pulling others out of the WTS pit of emotional captivity.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

"Nope. Its the same poop. Just a different pile. " LMAO That is sooooo creepy to think of a group of copycat JWs.

• daystar
    daystar

wednesday

down her in texas when the "apostates" took over the bonham cong. most of the cong. turned apostate

I actually remember something vaguely about that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit