What would you do.....

by delilah 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

delilah,

First of all, she had no right to put her hands on your child. That is assault! I would report it to the school superintendant and inform the school's principle that you plan on doing so.

Also, My son when he was in second grade had a teacher just like that. She was so imature she would get up in the kids face and yell. My son would cry becasue he was very sensitive and also was not used to being treated that way. I went up to the school and made a formal complaint and I told this lady and the school, that if she decided to retaliate by harrassing my child over this issue and my complaint, that I would hit them so hard with a lawsuit that their head will spin.

Your child deserves to feel safe in school and obviously cannot feel safe the way things are with this teacher. She was totally wrong by jumping to conclusions and by putting her hands on your child. I would DEMAND a meeting right away and tell her you want her to opologize to your son in front of you. I would threaten if I had to, and do anything else I had to, in order for my child to get the repect he deserves.

I hate it when teachers act like this. My daughter had one this year also and within the first week of school, I went and laid the ground rules. I am sure the school hates me. But I don't care, my kids are not going to be harrassed and be afraid of going to school because they hired some lunatic to teach.

ARRGH! I am so mad reading this.

How is your son now?

• Honesty
    Honesty

1. Seek an attorney.

2. Advise the attorney of any witnesses to this abuse.

3. Let the attorney proceed at will.

• delilah
    delilah

Lovelylil said," my kids are not going to be harrassed and be afraid of going to school because they hired some lunatic to teach.

This is exactly how we feel too. Thanks so much for your input, everyone. I was so angry when this all happened, I just didn't know what to do about it, but I certainly wasn't going to let her away with it.

She patrols the school like a Gestapo, and I will not allow her to bully my child. Here in Canada, there are laws, that protect the children against abuse, and parents aren't even allowed to spank their children anymore. So why on earth would I allow this woman to hit my child, when I don't?

So, now we wait and see what transpires with her meeting with the police, and proceed from there. I am definitely going to call the BoE, and let them know what has happened.

• delilah
    delilah

To answer your question, Lil, my son wanted to go to school today for his pizza and pop, but didn't want any confrontation with the principal when the police spoke with her. He was torn, but decided he'd stay home. He's his old usual self, happy-go-lucky, but afraid of the principal. Thanks for your concern sweetie.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

poor kid. I know when my son went thru this it was very traumatic. This teacher he had kept picking on him and embarrasing him in front of the class. When the principle would confront the teacher she would just deny it. But eventually becuase I kept complaining and told them I was going to the superintendent in charge of the school, the priniciple sent a spy down to see what was going on.

Well, they did not tell me exactly what happened when the spy was there but the teacher was reprimanded and had to opologize to my son. He felt better after that. And I raised complete HELL threatening the school with my lawyer. I told them that if my son feels in any way at all that he is retaliated against, I would hit my lawyers number on my speedial!

Some may think I went overboard but I used to work in education of young kids and I have seen too many "adults" abuse their power and emotionally abuse children. this is so traumatic for them because they are in a position where they are so vulnerable. And I hate it when this happens.

My daughter who is a 7th grader and her teacher called a boy in class an idiot and told him he was mentally retarded. Well, this offended my daughter too becuase my kids know it is so outrageous so I called the school to complain. The boy's parents spoke up too which was great and the school put this teacher on a warning.

Good luck, I hope it all works out well. Your son is very lucky to have a mom like you who is so involved. I always tell my kids new teachers that whatever happens in school with them, I will know about it the SECOND they get in my car at the end of the day, because my kids tell me EVERYTHING! Whether good or bad and I want to keep it that way. Your son is lucky that you can talk with him about issues like this. And it is so important for him to know that he did nothing wrong and this lady, although an adult was acting inapproprately - as I am sure you told him already.

• delilah
    delilah

too many "adults" abuse their power and emotionally abuse children. this is so traumatic for them because they are in a position where they are so vulnerable. And I hate it when this happens.

Me too!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LIL...

I spoke with the vice- superintendant of the board of education thisafternoon, gave her all the info regarding this incident, she took notes, and asked me if I thought this was a case of abuse. I said, " Definitely! If this was your child wouldn't you also think the same?" She said, "yes, I sure would". So, she will be speaking to the superintendant on Monday and they will get to the bottom of it. I told her that I kept my son home from school today, and I wondered if I should keep him home on Monday as well. She said if I was worried about the principle approaching my son, then I should keep him home. So, I will.

Thanks for your input, everyone. Greatly appreciated.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

A "slap across the back of the head" might work.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I would get a lawyer and sue the school for assault and retire with what I won. If you do not think this works, the neighbor next to me had her child struck in school and won $250,000. It was not even a hard case, happened last spring and the case never even went to court, the school settled to avoid losing more. They were sueing for $1,000,000. The teacher in question also had to go to anger management classes and make a public apology in the form of a letter to the newspaper. She has sense moved to Portland Oregon. So, my honest answer is, I would sue and would not give it a second thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit