Any criminals in your congregation?

by badboy 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I noticed he has moved from Port Arthur to Port Neches. Odds are he is now in the Nederland Congregation.

• dido
    dido

In one cong i was in, an elder stole over £30.000 from the box, he was the secretary at the time, well he was handling the accounts. He evidently had a drink problem, but was also taking his american wife all around england, wining and dining her in stately homes! Alright for some! The other thing which he did what i thought was really bad, was go around all the elderly and weak ones borrowing money, saying he needed it for his sick father, who had lukemia, but was spending it on the high life!!!

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Yes, as an elder, I visited a JW man in state prison in for drug and income tax charges. It all supposedly happened before he became a baptized JW. He served less than two years and returned as if nothing ever happened.

When the big electronic doors close behind you it’s a very strange feeling that you cannot get out. A very solid "KLUNK" door locking sound I never want to do that again.

HCM

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Yeah, several.

One I remember was a young man who smashed another Guys skull in to rob him. Out of sheer guilt, he went to the elders who discouraged him from going to the police, because it would bring reproach on the congo. He was never charged, and the brain damaged victim is still limping around town.

The other was a witless who was seeing a prostitute, and when she threatened to tell the elders he beat her to death and shoved the body in a cupboard.

The neighbours called the police about a foul smell a few weeks after.

A CO ws embezzling from the firm he had entered into with other JWs. Yet when the brother who owned the firm was taken into recievership the WTBTS told him that he could not press charges because of reproach on Jehovah's name, and that if he did he would be remembered as the brother who took a CO to court. The poor man was RUINED,

Ironically, even though these scum were not DF, a mentally ill youth suffering from Kleptomania was DF because it might bring reproach.

Go figure.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

And there was the Elderette who ran her own private company, and used credit card numbers to fill her bank account. Her husband embezzled over 150 000 from the firm he worked for and ended up in jail.

AND the post office where so much was going missing they had an enquiry - a JW postman said "I'm one of J Witlesses so I cannot steal" yet a hidden camera showed he was the one "eliminating " items of mail.

HB

• cheen
    cheen

A car thief, but the JW's changed him, he became a baptized JW and guess what he does now?.......yup you guessed it...he owns a car lot! Now he has a new way of ripping people off, lol... once a thief always a thief.

• Dune
    Dune

I personally know an elder who was in prison for over a decade for manslaughter.

He's killed several people in his lifetime (i'm thinking 3 or 4, i'll ask him tonight) and used to be the equivalent of a drug "kingpin".

He found the "truth" while he was in jail. After leaving, he became a ministerial servant soon after baptism and became an elder recently.

He has a temper, cusses alot, and tends to be selfish, tactless and unreasonable, but once you get to know him he's an overall cool person and i'll really miss him once i fade.

• under_believer
    under_believer

I have been in five or six congregations as an adult, and in every one, there was at least one elder who was a small business owner and who was known for shady business dealings, but was still an elder.

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

Someone stole my mom's wallet AT THE KINGDOM HALL, when she got up to use the bathroom. It was some low life "sister" and she was disfellowshipped shortly after that. But not before she ran up my mom's credit cards.

The loving kindness is exemplary, isn't it?

• Dune
    Dune
    Someone stole my mom's wallet AT THE KINGDOM HALL, when she got up to use the bathroom. It was some low life "sister" and she was disfellowshipped shortly after that. But not before she ran up my mom's credit cards.

Was she disfellowshipped for stealing the credit cards, or not donating the money to society?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit