Society gets New Light™ on UN?

by under_believer 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• james_woods
    james_woods

You are right, Heathen - and the thread was about the "political beasts" in the first place, too. But it looks like the same principle applies - they just seem to make up whatever they want (irregardless of what was said in the past) if it seems to suit the present situation better.

So, maybe we are seeing a general drawback from the old identification of specific governments and organizations as the beasts and harlots?

• morwen
    morwen

Thanks,this is VERY interesting. Not surprising to me though,whatever it takes to cover their butts is all that counts for the WTBTS.

Morwen

• under_believer
    under_believer

What this illustrates for me, if indeed I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, is how the Society will change a principal doctrine "on the sly." Sometimes New Light™ is overt, such as in the case of the "any day now" understanding of the Generation teaching, but in other cases, like this UN case, it's under the table. I doubt most Witnesses realize that the Society has greatly weakened or abandoned the teaching that the scarlet-colored wild beast represents the United Nations.

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: I doubt most Witnesses realize that the Society has greatly weakened or abandoned the teaching that the scarlet-colored wild beast represents the United Nations.Most Witnesses I know don't care. They could give a rat's ass about wild beasts . . . that's not why they're Witnesses.

• under_believer
    under_believer
    Most Witnesses I know don't care. They could give a rat's ass about wild beasts . . . that's not why they're Witnesses.

That's interesting to me and I think probably true. What do you think that means, then, for the Society, who keeps having Witnesses study the Revelation book, and the Isaiah's Prophecy book, and the Daniel's Prophecy book, and all this crazy prophetic interpretation stuff? That they are out of touch with the flock?

• serendipity
    serendipity

I have noticed it. Interesting timing of the change too, after they're caught in bed by the Guardian.

• geevee
    geevee

You could also look at the sneaky change to the 2 big questions for each baptismal candidate has to answer on the day. These changed and not too many even heard it or saw it. Man I didn't.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    They could give a rat's ass about wild beasts . . . that's not why they're Witnesses.

But that IS why they're Witlesses!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit