Why didn't Jesus Give Instructions for a Bible?

by gumby 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Matt: 24:14 .."and this good new of the kingdom will be preached in all the earth as a witnesss to all the nations - and then the end will come".

Jesus plan was that by the time he was to return, the earth would be schooled as to who and what he was.

Suppose you were going to leave the planet for 2000 years and you wanted the entire earthly society of people who would be alive when you returned to know about you. Would you tell someone to write down all your words of truth since these words would produce salvation and eternal life to all who believed in you........or would you tell a handful of diciples or say even 500 buddies to spread your words to their children and down through the succeding generations?

I'd prolly figure I'd want a book written and protected since I'd know that in 2000 years my story would get so screwed up my message wouldn't be the same as I intended it for. Even Jesus saw his close diciples getting his stories screwed up amoung themselves in the 3 and a half years he spent with them. Imagine them in 2000 years time had they lived that long.

So........why didn't jesus command a book about him to be written? If you think he did....please supply some kinda proof.

Gumby

• myelaine
    myelaine

hey Gumdummy,

I believe that He did allow for some instructions that we may not be privy to. I'm quite sure that the Lord Jesus along with the Father and many holy men moved along by the Holy Spirit have caused a "Holy Writ" that can easily be identified with Him....

the name is coming to me.....yeah, it is called the Bible.

love michelle

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

it would have been great if this had been the case. however, books as we know them did not exist for many centuries after jesus' time. the torah was written, but in very limited editions, even the king had to write his own copy. the method of spreading information was talking. besides, how many books do you need to get across the idea of love your god and love your neighbor? j2s

• myelaine
    myelaine

"how many books do you need to get across the idea of love your god and love your neighbor?"

that is just it....The God of the Bible isn't just any old, "your god", He claims to be THE God. The Holy Bible is a book with a strict condition in it. We need that NOW in this permissive society.... maybe not so much back then when homes might be invaded by rats instead of the unavoidable crap that filters into our lives now-a-days.

love michelle

• gumby
    gumby
    ....The God of the Bible isn't just any old, "your god", He claims to be THE God.

....and so do other gods. Why is this one the real deal do you suppose?

Are you familiar with the egyptian and babylonia gods? They too claim their gods are superior to the bible god.

That fact is.....nobodys god has shown his face, spoken, or done miraculous acts to make themselves known as the true god. All we have is stories with no solid proofs the bible god is the real macoy.

Now, back to the topic. Why didn't Jesus or his father command writings of Jesus? Why didn't jesus himself write something about himself as Paul, Peter, Jude, and others did? And WHY did it take so many years for the first writing of him to be written.....why not directly after he departed?

Gumby

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    So........why didn't jesus command a book about him to be written? If you think he did....please supply some kinda proof.

He wasn't that kind of guy.

According to the Watchtower Bible Scholars Jesus was the worlds best carpenter but he didn't even leave plans for a chair

unclecarpenter

:::

how many books do you need to get across the idea of love your god and love your neighbor?"

Legend has it that Lao Tzu was forced by a gate keeper to leave us his 50 or so poems (the Tao Te Ching circa 600BC). In Tibet the sacred writtings go on forever. Jesus on the other hand wrote little and was preyed upon by Paul as a means to enhance his own agenda. Paul attributes the saying "Love thy neighbour" to Jesus but this is highly unlikely in view of the nature of Jesus Nazarine Party and Pauls desperation to recreate a Christ acceptable in the eyes of his Roman Paymasters (his payment records are in some dusty folder deep in the vatican archives

There is little doubt in my mind that we have been sold a fake Jesus. It may just be coincidence that he said and did nothing that hadn't been said and done by previous holy men (Hercules, Buddha, Lao Tsu, Cristna, Mungo the papuan witchdoctor...) but I very much doubt that.

The golden rule is lauded loudly by christians as something new and extraudinary. Compared to a "cut the child out and dash it's head against the wall Jehovah" this is true but compared to the long tradition of peace and respect engendered in places like South East Asia it is shallow bordering on trite, a jingoistic label used to help sell a new brand of religious bigotry.

unclebruce

unclepeaceloveandunderstanding

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Gumby,

I believe the God of the Bible (for me) because He is the only one that ever gave a....

when it seemed to me that I was at my wits end, The God that caused "the Bible" was able to reach down and tell me that everything is REALLY in His control.

tho I was touched very deeply and personally( as are all of Gods people), it isn't as if I can't share some things with you. In fact, I think I would be remiss if I didn't.

without doing anything too uncomfortable, I can find my: name, birthdate, place of birth, present location, romantic history (present statis included) the names of my 2 ex husbands, 2 brothers, my entire 5 1/2 month personal ministry to an un-named fellow poster, my avitar(metaphorically speaking--Ez 12:6)..."coincidences" left, right and cente. And you better believe that I would be TOTALLY FREAKED OUT if I didn't trust in the God of the Bible. So...

of course, it just comes down to this: do I believe what I'm told by the God of the Bible?

I always believed IN God anyway...I just really wanted to go home early at that time....but...where WAS my home???

love michelle

p.s. even my black hair....SoS 4:1...lol

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    I believe that He did allow for some instructions that we may not be privy to.

Why wouldn't everyone be privy to it?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Why wouldn't everyone be privy to it?

Herein lay a clue to Jesus the man and his Nazarean Party followers. What were those traditional messianics up too, carrying swords and counting zealots in their number?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Paul

1 Corinthians 2

1 When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. [a] 2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3 I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. 4 My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, 5 so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.
    Wisdom From the Spirit

6 We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. 7 No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 However, as it is written:
    "No eye has seen,
    no ear has heard,
    no mind has conceived
    what God has prepared for those who love him" [b] — 10 but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
    The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. [c] 14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
    16 "For who has known the mind of the Lord
    that he may instruct him?" [d] But we have the mind of Christ.

1 Corinthians 4
    Apostles of Christ

1 So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God. 2 Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. 3 I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. 4 My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.
    6 Now, brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not take pride in one man over against another. 7 For who makes you different from anyone else? What do you have that you did not receive? And if you did receive it, why do you boast as though you did not?

"Do not go beyond what is written." needs to be understood according to Paul. What did he mean by it?

Other then that, In a shorter nutshell, I believe all he was saying is we will be judged by what’s in our hearts as individuals not by what we know of the bible or any other book.

Herein lay a clue to Jesus the man and his Nazarean Party followers. What were those traditional messianics ;up too, carrying swords and counting zealots in their number?

Exactly Why Paul said what he said to the congregation, be careful when believing everything you hear/read/ and maybe even see, including him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit