Dan Brown DID NOT write "The Da Vinci Code"! [ VICTORY FOR CHRISTIANS !!! ]

by danbrownfraud 25 Replies latest social entertainment

• zagor
    zagor

Can you format your post properly so its readable???
    I haven't read the book but did watch several programs on Discovery, National Geographic and History channels and consistant message was that this book is according to author's own admition a FICTIONAL account, and that he took lots of his ideas from other researchers before him. Brown, on the other hand, is not a researcher (nor do his methods stack up under academic scrutiny), his methods are those of Kevin Trudeau who picked up well know ideas and just formated it in a way that can be sold as something unique and new.

• Mary
    Mary
    Upon the publication of "The Da Vinci Code", The Order went to work to investigate The Truth using a closely guarded secret: ------------------ ACCESS TO THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN VIA PRAYER TO GOD.

You don't say.....................well, lemme get my rosary beads out, fall to my knees and face the East.

• LyinEyes
  • gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I saw a PBS special on "The DaVinci Code", which made a pretty good case that Mary Magdelene could actually be one of the figures in "The Last Supper". Perhaps Leonardo had access to some ancient manuscripts which hinted at some of the things suggested by the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Gospel of Judas, and other discoveries of more recent decades, namely, that early Christians used documents other than the books which came to be included in the Bible, and believed very differently from what "conventional" Christianity came to believe. I'm not sure what "Victory for Christians" would constitute, but perhaps claiming victory is premature, as the book is already a monumental bestseller, and the film has not even opened yet. I expect that the movie is also going to be hugely successful, and lead many people to question things which they have up till now simply accepted. I also expect that many "Christians" will slander the movie without even having seen it, just as they already slander the book without having read it. What is the value of a book review or a movie review from such a person? Zero? Less than zero? It kind of makes me think "Hmmm, what are they trying to hide?" I will certainly see the film when it comes out.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

the original post made my eyes bleed

those fundies just don''t have any common sense do they? they are just itching for something to get all self righteous and persecuted over. It's a novel FFS!

• free2beme
    free2beme

I can not read anything that does not have paragraphs. Your title cracked me up though, as I heard this books is a major thorn in Christian's side. I loved it personally, thought it was a good read. It is in the FICTION department though, so rest easy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit