Desperately seeking fade

by 5thGeneration 12 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I really want out but keep going for personal reasons.

My question: Has anyone else during their fade period gone off the school, quit do-t-do and just gone to the Sunday meeting?

That's where I'm at right now but it's a living hell still 'being' a publisher but being a lump at the same time.

• blondie
    blondie

Many times it depends on whether you live with relatives or on your own. How important is your relationship with your family? Is it worth saving? Or is it bad already?

• Ariel84
    Ariel84

I lucked out because if you hadn't given a talk in a certain amount of time (i.e. cancelling as I would do everytime) they took you off the school automatically. Could you change your KH where no one knows you? Then you could quietly drop off the radar?

• Gander
    Gander

Has anyone else during their fade period gone off the school, quit do-t-do and just gone to the Sunday meeting?
    The boat you describe is pretty much the one I am in. I have come to a place where I can get a great deal of physical and mental rest during my required "lump" time at the meetings.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

you could move out of the state. that is what I did!

• under_believer
    under_believer

My sister is attempting a fade. She tried moving to another state and my mom called the city overseer in the city she moved into to make sure they were aware of her, find out what territory she was in etc.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Hey 5thGen. I've faded. The longer you are a sporadic attender the less likely they are to chase you down. Unless you have family that will keep reminding them about you.

Good luck.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I do the 1 or 2 meetings a month thing.

After awhile, the elders will get the message that that is what you are going to do (be "weak" in their eyes) and unless the CO is coming around, pretty much ignore you.

If your circumstances permit, blame your job or stress from this "system of things."

Rub a Dub

• vitty
    vitty

I know someone who said they were getting anxiety attacks everytime they went to a meeting. When they did go they spent most of the time outside, by the end of 6 months everyone was so sick of ther antics they incouraged them to miss the meetings...............and that is a true story LOL

Try it

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I pretty much did the same thing Average did, I moved congos several times and then I was undetectable to them. Eventually I moved around 100 miles away and no one noticed.

In the beginning, in order to not really get hauled in, I moved halls but kept "forgetting" to switch my publisher card. So when I got the call to ask about my time (I believe because the CO was in town), I lied and said "4 hours", enough to get them off my back, but not so much that they would question.

In order to keep my mom for getting too upset, I would say that I was traveling or busy at work and that was why I was not regular at mtgs or in service. For some reason she found that acceptable. Now we just don't discuss it at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit