I'm sitting here when all of a sudden...

by delilah 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• delilah
    delilah

Lady Lee, he had his hand ready, right near his gun, and that scared me to death, when it finally sunk in. I never even heard him come up onto my porch, nor did I hear him turn the knob and open the door and come inside!!! And I was sitting right near, maybe 15 feet from the door.He really snuck in quietly, not even our boxer heard him, and she has very accute hearing. He was good. Anyways, he told us it was a very serious situation, 2 doors down, and I saw another cop leave with a plastic grocery bag full of evidence, so we'll probably hear today what really went down last night.

Excitement for my neighbourhood!!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Scary moment. Five cop cars responded, must be a big deal. Hope the boy is ok.

Jeff

• ballistic
    ballistic

Damn, that would have scared me.

http://www.metu.edu.tr/~ulubay/wb.jpg

• xjwms
    xjwms

Whoa

Do you lock your door?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Not a fun expierance I'm sure. At least you got a great story to tell all your friends.s

• delilah
    delilah

AK-Jeff, I hope the boy is ok too, apparently the other neighbours hear him and his father fighting a lot, so I think that's what was happening last night and it turned ugly. I have not seen the father's car in the drive since last night, and the mother stayed home from work today.

XJWMS, Yes, I normally have the doors locked, even during the day when I am home. Just a habit. But last night, my son had to go 'round the corner to his friend's house to try on a costume for their school opera, and so I left it unlocked. That's when the cop burst in on me. He said later, when he came back to apologize, that the situation was serious enough, that they couldn't knock first, they had to just burst in....use the element of surprise.

Ballistic, LOL, I love the t-shirt.

• free2beme
    free2beme

One morning I woke to a cop saying over a loud speaker, "come out with your hands up" and it sounds like it was in my front yard. I looked out the window into my back yard and there was a cop with a gun and I jumped out of my bed, got dressed and asked my spouse what was going on. We went to the front door and looked out and there was about ten cop cars with guns drawn and aiming. I about crapped my pants, then the neighbor came walking out and they handcuffed him and took him away. Apparently in the night he had gone and killed his wife and her family and come back home. Very freaky! We do not live in that neighborhood anymore. Basically, I know how you felt.

• delilah
    delilah

oh, Free2be....I'd freak if that happened here....that's awful. It's something that stays with you a long time too. My two boys saw what was going on, and it impressed on them just how serious a situation involving the police can be. Hopefully they will not ever have any reason for the police to be involved in their lives. My youngest one has said he would like to become a police officer, so he kinda thought it was cool, but scary.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

my front door opens, a flashlight is pointed in my eyes, and this guy shouts, ...........

............"JUDICIAL COMMITTEE!"

I thought for sure that's what you were going to say...................

• delilah
    delilah

............"JUDICIAL COMMITTEE!"

LOL Bizzy......they know better than to come to my house. They've had the formal warning from my husband. But, that would have been funny....to see who ran faster, my husband, or the elders....hahahaha.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit