I'm sitting here when all of a sudden...

by delilah 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• delilah
    delilah

my front door opens, a flashlight is pointed in my eyes, and this guy shouts, "POLICE"...I, thinking it's my daughter's boyfriend, calls out his name. Then I see the badge on his shoulder, he says, "Is this # such-in-such?" I then say, "oh s#%t, this is real".....then I say no, it's #. He says, oops, sorry" and quickly backs out the door, closing it behind him. I was in shock, and told my husband what happened. So we go outside, and see 5 cop cars and an ambulance two doors down....it appears our neighbour's teenaged son has cut his forearm pretty bad, and he gets into the ambulance.....my adrenaline is just rushing......the cop comes back and apologizes and shakes my hand.......how wierd.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Delilah, I would of had a heart attack! I'm glad that you're ok. How the heck did they get into your house?

• KW13
    KW13

whoa...sounds kinda like my story. do you live in Manchester?

• delilah
    delilah

Ms.McDuckett, my front door was unlocked, as my youngest son was at a friends' house, round the corner...I almost had a heart attack, once I realized it was a real cop....my heart is just now calming..it happened 15 minutes ago, and there are still 2 police cruisers outside.

KW, I don't live in Manchester, but my very bestest friend was raised there....

• KW13
    KW13

ah, of course your friend was! Manchester = the bidness.

Glad your ok...let me breathe hot air on your windows

• delilah
    delilah

Thanks, KW...my best friend lived in Manchester until they emigrated to Canada when she was 12 or 13. We met, and became best friends. Her father still resides in Manchester, as far as I know. Her parents divorced when she was young, her mom remarried. Is Manchester a very big city?

• KW13
    KW13

mmm, its not really. Its big but not huge. if that helps lol

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

gulp!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

wow that would be scary - good thing he didn't have a weapon drawn

• Carmel
    Carmel

I hear Manchester is United!