What "Rules" Did You Have In Your Congregation?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie
    for book study service----you couldn't tie in with another bookstudy!

So what happened if you were the only person who showed up???????????????????? Go out by yourself????????????????????? Or say you did and go shopping or to a movie instead?

• Ariel84
    Ariel84

Love2BWordly:

Two people of the opposite sex were not to drive out in field service together alone--they might commit fornication.

How could I have forgotten that one?!

• Poztate
    Poztate
    A sister or brother could not be in someone's house of the opposite sex alone--will bring reproach upon Jehovah and the congregation even if they don't commit fornication. You must stand on the doorstep or be outside.

I remember that bullshit rule. A few of my inlaws (female) were so afraid of breaking the rule that they even applied it to family (inlaws)

I pointed out the fact that it really MUST apply to physical brothers and sisters also since incest is so common today. It was a rule that had it's day for a short time and now most people just ignore it. I just wish they would all just ignore what the WT has to say to start with. It all turns out to be BS anyway.

It was kind of like the old rule that you shouldn't hold hands because that was the first step to...SEX. Was there ever a lot of parinoid sweeties around (if they had read it) God..He is holding my hand....I have to report this to the P.O.

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, when just the Book Study Overseer showed up, it was breakfast and no service. If one other person showed up, it was a few doors and then breakfast. If a good number showed up, it was the BSO riding around with another elder or ms----making sure everyone had enough territory. With a big group you had to "look like" you were busy in the Lord's work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit