Scary demon stories to encourage meeting attendance!

by freetosee 15 Replies latest jw friends

• freetosee
    freetosee

I’ve been ‘free’ for about 10 years now, though not disfellowshiped. And some time ago I accommodated an elder (friend of the family) who was visiting from the Caribbean. After trying different ways to ‘encourage’ me, he and my father (both elders) chose demon stories it frighten me back to Jehovah. (Growing up as JW us children were often told demon and angel-‘big guy’-experiences.) So they told me about this man who is possessed and when witnessed to by two sisters said: “I have been trying to get you, but I can’t because you have the truth.” He is supposed to have put spells on people, including clergy, who came to his residence (in Tobago -were everyone knows everyone). And at night when he sleeps the demons come and lift him into the air and make him turn in circles and loop around. The elder went into much detail to describe the picture. Just before the possessed man wakes up he is put down to his bed, or if anyone would enter his room, he will quickly be put down again. Why? Because the demons don’t want people to know they exist, as this makes them more powerful in deceiving us into destruction. So after this lengthy description I asked, how he knows all of this, since the demons put the man down before any can see. He ignored me by conversing with my father supporting him. Again I questioned his knowledge, asking who told him about his, what are the sisters names, when and where did this happen, what proof is there for this and the other stories he told and to explain the purpose for intelligent powerful spirits to lift the man into the air. None of these, obviously to be expected, questions could the elder (PO) answer. The conversation came to an embarrassing end, especially since he used these stories in his public talk, which he has given many times and has encouraged inactive ones back to the service.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Oh its soooooo embarrasing isnt it.

It reminds me of a scene in 'Blackadder' where Baldrick is trying to convince people that demons exist, and hes says "only last night, I saw upon the hill, a horse with two heads and two tails and eight legs".

And Blackadder says "was it by any chance TWO horses?"

(sorry for the UK TV comedy references, in case no-one knows what im talking about)

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

KK:

LOL!

• Mary
    Mary
    So they told me about this man who is possessed and when witnessed to by two sisters said: “I have been trying to get you, but I can’t because you have the truth.” He is supposed to have put spells on people, including clergy, who came to his residence

Oh my god, I remember hearing this Urban Legend when I was a kid!! LOL! I completely forgot about it until you posted it!!

• under_believer
    under_believer

I'm sorry to say that the demon thing has been used on me in the past to very great effect. I had a very active imagination and several associates or family members with firsthand demon stories and it used to scare the living daylights out of me. I would sometimes spend hours in prayer at night, frightened out of my wits that things would start floating around the room, or that I'd hear voices or see eyes glowing in my closet, or be anally raped by a demon, or be held down in my bed and unable to move my arms and legs. These kinds of stories, from the platform, and from my friends and family, would often serve to reel me back in when I was experiencing doubt.

Ugh I'm getting all creeped out just thinking about it.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

THIS JUST MAKES ME SO MAD!!!!! It's like the 'Exorcism of Emily Rose' movie! GRRRRRRR clearly a case of mental illness! CLEARLY!

WFT is the matter with people!

I'm going to go get a drink it's 6:30 thats after 5!

• freetosee
    freetosee

Now, as an adult I can simile about many things they try with me. But I get upset when I think of the many demon stories we were bombarded with as little children, never mind spooky WT lit. pictures. Like a missionary who almost slaughtered two fellow missionaries, because of being possessed. My father loved these stories and before he became a JW he was into astral projection/travel. He also told us, that our grandfather, a Lutheran minister, could put his hand on top of a heavy table and walk away with it. He was buried in a glass coffin and was seen walking around at the cemetery. As a child I often couldn’t sleep and was terrified in the dark. So my father said: “the wicked shall not sleep, you must have been a bad boy!” This went on for years and many wet beds. At last Proverbs 22:15 (the first scripture I knew by heart) came into place. ‘Ten of the best’ will solve the problem. –it never did solve anything. Fear and guilt is what the WTS and its follower (not all) knows best to working with.

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

Beeeeeeeeee careeeeeeeeful mrk, Spirits reside in alcohol.....bottoms up

• aniron
    aniron

I always used to think it odd that we JW's were always being told that we were the "only true religion" in "Jehovahs organisation" doing "Jehovahs work". Only we had the truth etc etc.

We had the Only True God, Sovereign Ruler of the universe on our side.

Yet some little demon just had to pop up and brothers/sisters panicked. Practically running down the street screaming.

• Highlander
    Highlander

This is one topic that really pisses me off. I remember being a little kid and always bombarded with demon stories relating to something bought at a garage sale or

the latest smurf tale.

To this day I'm amazed that grown adults would tell such tales to young children. What idiots they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit