No Jehovahs Witnesses ?

by oldflame 11 Replies latest jw friends

• oldflame
    oldflame

Have you or are you liiving in a town with no JW's ? I did. I lived in a town in Wyoming called Thermopolis Wyoming. No kingdom halls and no witnesses roaming the streets. But plenty of Mormons. I thought it was strange why I never seen no witnesses walking the streets and I looked in the phone book to find there were no kingdom halls either. Yippeeeee!!!!

• blondie
    blondie

No KH where I live but there are a few dubs living here. While just about every city, village, town, has a church of some kind...such is not true of KHs. I found it hard to locate a KH in the Bible Belt...when I was a JW I just stopped at the police station...they seem to always know.

Blondie

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

We've got a flood of KHs in my neck of the woods due to the history of the area. I guess those places without them won't fair so well in armageddeon?

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Like Blondie said, the police station can be counted on to groan and roll their eyes when asked to locate the Witless nest headquarters. They get calls from gated communities and secured condos and apartment buildings where the clueless Dubs climb the fences or deceive their way into the vestibules, where they deceive some more to get to the doors.

Where I came from, they actually thought people would be happy to see them! It sometimes sank in, they really were supposed to stay out, when the homeowners' jaws dropped and they were asked, "How the hell did YOU get in here? I'm calling the police!"

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    They get calls from gated communities and secured condos and apartment buildings where the clueless Dubs climb the fences or deceive their way into the vestibules, where they deceive some more to get to the doors.

Yeah but didn't it used to feel really good when we did get into those places

:)

Going off a bit does anyone know how well the dubs do in Utah where its a predominantly Mormon population.

• lucky
    lucky

There was a group of three or four families in my old congregation in CA who moved to Provo Utah to serve where the need was greater. They had a very rough time, both getting work and making any sort of inroads with bible studies or the like. They ended up moving back home after a few years.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass
    They get calls from gated communities and secured condos and apartment buildings where the clueless Dubs climb the fences or deceive their way into the vestibules, where they deceive some more to get to the doors.

The hall I grew up in loved the gated homes, because then we could say "we could not reach them because they were in a gated home/community". I cannot imagine those jw women in the Chanel suits and Italian leather pumps climbing anything (other then their high horse).

When I went to service where the need was greater, we would have to drive an hour or two to the territory. It was in the south, bible belt. But there was an area that was all Amish. It was so strange, bible thumping Baptists right next to Amish with their horse and buggy. Very Strange.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Maine usa has 1.3 million population and claims 18,000 dubs and claims 194 congregations this is old new england and ground zero for early russelites

• sf
  • Double Edge
    Double Edge

I think FARKEL was an active JW when he lived in Utah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit