Taking the Veil off Jehovah's Witnesses

by uninformed 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Your oldest and closest friends have really said they wouldn't take the brochure?

I remember that when I was a witness there was no arguing with me. I thought that I was right and that either the person was apostate or spiritually weak. You know, the standard replies of a witness.

The only way to get into their mind, i think, is to find where they have issues with the organization. ie, oral sex, birthdays, anniversary celebrations, lack of love in the congo, or doctinal things that they have decided were incorrect and their view is correct.

The biggest obstacle is to get over the "Wait on Jehovah". Even if they have questions they are continuelly told to do this. If something is not correct, then Jehovah will change it. You know the drill.

I think that was my biggest obstacle. I knew things were wrong but I was going to wait on Jehovah. Took 4 to 5 years to finally break away from that thinking.

Unfortunately, the only person you can change is yourself.

Loruhamah

• learntoswim
    learntoswim

no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection..... The central CORE doctrine of the Watchtower,yes the reason the Watchtower came into existence was to declare Jesus second coming in 1914.When the prophecy (derived from William Miller of 1842) failed they said that he came "invisibly".

Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection and sealing of the 'anointed' so the entire wts doctrinal superstructure comes crashing down like a house of cards.
    Yep that about sums it up. Plus the 1914 doctrine and the 1918 "inspection" can also be seriously questioned, independantly of one another.The inspection seems heavily reliant on the dodgy interpretation of the two witnesses prophecy. The societys version of their incarceration due to "trumped up charges" has been seriously questioned by anyone who er.... looks at what actually happened.

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

It is simple....when you speak of the Watchtower in negative terms to an active JW...they think that you are pushing another religion, another belief on them. I am an exJW and even I get turned off if someone starts talking about how great their religion or belief is and how right it feels to them.

You might not be pushing a belief but that is how they feel anyway, and so the Dark Veil of closed eyes and ears by your friends.

It's not easy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit